Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:54 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,678,621 times

Advertisements

The mold issue really has nothing to do with the bottle. You can have mold growing on just about any material. I don;t think many people are cleaning the bottles as they suppose to do. Our aircraft has both a plastic and aluminum water tank. If we simple keep adding water to it or just rinsing it, mold and bacteria will grow. So the tanks are disenfected on a regular bases to kill and remove any mold or bacteria. These ar close tanks so there is no saliva or foreign particles back feeding into the tanks, but they still require cleaning. Now imagine a water bottle where your mouth and any contaminents can back wash into the bottle promoting growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
The mold issue really has nothing to do with the bottle. You can have mold growing on just about any material. I don;t think many people are cleaning the bottles as they suppose to do. Our aircraft has both a plastic and aluminum water tank. If we simple keep adding water to it or just rinsing it, mold and bacteria will grow. So the tanks are disenfected on a regular bases to kill and remove any mold or bacteria. These ar close tanks so there is no saliva or foreign particles back feeding into the tanks, but they still require cleaning. Now imagine a water bottle where your mouth and any contaminents can back wash into the bottle promoting growth.
Excuse me but I am a clean freak so with all due respect your statement is complete bs !!!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,678,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Excuse me but I am a clean freak so with all due respect your statement is complete bs !!!
With all due respect, the science supports my claim that people are not cleaning their bottles like the are supposed to be cleaning them. Cleaning and Cleaning Correctly are not the same. Let me try this, after you clean the bottles with whatever ypu clean them with, what are the proper next steps you are suppose to do to prevent growth in the bottles?

If the steps you describe are proper, (I'm man enough to admit if your doing it right) the only other reason is contaminated water so bad you shouldn't be drinking it anyways.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I cannot speak to the aluminium or stainless bottles, but, I wash my Nalgene bottle after every use just as I would a glass. Never had any mold problem. I do let it air dry completely though and do not affix the top unless the bottle is filled with liquid.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:06 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,402,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Ecousable bottles are manufactured in China, not the USA.

It would be in everyone's best interest if they reseach the CoO and not go by the highly paid marketing.

WOW ~~~

Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,283,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
I like the stainless steel water bottles ~~ I bought these:

https://www.ecousable.com/

Made in the USA also.
I don't think so :

Printed at our Production Facility in China*
Lead time: 8 - 10 weeks
Seleсtion: Choose from any size EcoUsable® bottle
Artwork: Applied using a silkscreen or heat transfer printing process
Colors: Up to 4 color logo
PMS colors: Can be closely matched
Minimum Order: 504 bottles
* We are proud to say our facilities are sustainably certified and have met with all compliance requirements

Old 03-30-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I don't think so :

Printed at our Production Facility in China*
Lead time: 8 - 10 weeks
Seleсtion: Choose from any size EcoUsable® bottle
Artwork: Applied using a silkscreen or heat transfer printing process
Colors: Up to 4 color logo
PMS colors: Can be closely matched
Minimum Order: 504 bottles
* We are proud to say our facilities are sustainably certified and have met with all compliance requirements
Guess, I was mislead, huh? thank you for the info. I'll read better the next time..

Last edited by nan5623; 03-30-2011 at 08:21 AM..

Old 03-30-2011, 08:31 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,283,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Guess, I was mislead, huh? thank you for the info. I'll read better the next time..
They're rather tricky in the way they word things!

Old 03-30-2011, 09:25 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
They're rather tricky in the way they word things!
Most companies who actually manufacture in the USA are quite proud of it and put it out there where it is obvious. Those who import use words like "based in USA" and either don't mention or hide where the goods are manufactured in the small print.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Most companies who actually manufacture in the USA are quite proud of it and put it out there where it is obvious. Those who import use words like "based in USA" and either don't mention or hide where the goods are manufactured in the small print.
Very true!! Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living