Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
because the majority of the time someone says they are proud to be white, they are saying it because they believe every other race is inferior to them.

to them its not being proud, its being thankful they are white since all the other races are savages, etc.
In the grand sceme of things here pard, you are way out of your league in this 'discussion'. You are basing all your posts (as is another poster) on bitterness, hatred and an obvious persecution complex. You are not offering any rational or well thought out statements and ,quite frankly, are setting forth a perception that you are an "I hates whitey' type of person. That makes it VERY difficult to take you seriously in the grand scheme of things. Your posts betray your true colors, no pun intended. I have lived in foriegn countires, been in the middle of quite a few differnent ethnicities, all of the same 'color' yet different and living segregated from each other because of those differences. A man who took me under his wing when I was 5 years old, while we were stationed in the Phillipines, was a"Negrito". I only remember him as Tommy'. He took care of our yard and performed general labor on the base in Subic but, he was also my Fathers right hand man in JEST training. He taught me about the jungle, the animals, the plants, took me fishing, taught me how to use a Bolo. Trust me, I don't judge anyone by their color, size, religion, background etc. My father trusted my life with this guy, and I never gave his race or background a second thought. I do remember, However , that the Filipinos did. They HATED the Negritos and the Negritos hated them back. That was my first experience with racism of any kind. It gets intersting from there and far to detailed to go into here. My point is, until you have something solid to base your statements on, and can actually cite some life experiences beyond a few ignorant bubbas on the streets of wherever, you need to cut some of us 'white people', or whatever you really want to call us, some friggin' slack. Some of us have 'been there done that' on a level you have not. Our being 'white' notwithstanding.

Last edited by NVplumber; 07-08-2009 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,335 times
Quote:
because the majority of the time someone says they are proud to be white, they are saying it because they believe every other race is inferior to them.

to them its not being proud, its being thankful they are white since all the other races are savages, etc.
You're not too bright.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
You're not too bright.
No BurtsBees, he's not. That is painfully and annoyingly obvious in the ideals set forth in his posts. People like this just want an excuse to spew hate and bitterness and attempt to justify their position with little or no actual experience. Now, if we were talking to a person of color that grew up in, say , the depression era, or went through the hardships leading up to the Civil Rights movement, I could give that person the respect they are due. Riding on the coattails of people who actually experienced TRUE racially oriented ugliness is a cop out. To me, it's the same thing as someone trying to pass themselves off as a veteran of a war they never fought in.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,421 times
It's a loaded question meaning any answer you give is wrong. The problem is with the question itself. I'm black but am I proud to be black? No. Being black is just another one of the details that makeup my life.

Should I be proud to be black because of what other black people did to fight for civil rights in the 1960s? No. I wasn't there and had nothing to do with it. Did they fight for the right thing? Of course. Did I benefit from it? Yes. Still doesn't mean I have to be proud to be black. It's just one of my many traits.

Questions like that hold as much weight as asking if I'm proud to have brown eyes. Race shouldn't hold any value for anyone and the sooner everyone starts believing that the better off we'll be.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:50 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
I could care less if you think I'm right or wrong. The vast majority of people who say they are proud to be white are the same people who 2 sentences later talk about other races being inferior.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:21 AM

715 posts, read 2,087,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
In the grand sceme of things here pard, you are way out of your league in this 'discussion'. You are basing all your posts (as is another poster) on bitterness, hatred and an obvious persecution complex. You are not offering any rational or well thought out statements and ,quite frankly, are setting forth a perception that you are an "I hates whitey' type of person. That makes it VERY difficult to take you seriously in the grand scheme of things. Your posts betray your true colors, no pun intended. I have lived in foriegn countires, been in the middle of quite a few differnent ethnicities, all of the same 'color' yet different and living segregated from each other because of those differences. A man who took me under his wing when I was 5 years old, while we were stationed in the Phillipines, was a"Negrito". I only remember him as Tommy'. He took care of our yard and performed general labor on the base in Subic but, he was also my Fathers right hand man in JEST training. He taught me about the jungle, the animals, the plants, took me fishing, taught me how to use a Bolo. Trust me, I don't judge anyone by their color, size, religion, background etc. My father trusted my life with this guy, and I never gave his race or background a second thought. I do remember, However , that the Filipinos did. They HATED the Negritos and the Negritos hated them back. That was my first experience with racism of any kind. It gets intersting from there and far to detailed to go into here. My point is, until you have something solid to base your statements on, and can actually cite some life experiences beyond a few ignorant bubbas on the streets of wherever, you need to cut some of us 'white people', or whatever you really want to call us, some friggin' slack. Some of us have 'been there done that' on a level you have not. Our being 'white' notwithstanding.

Look here BOY!!

That is the cause of 3 centuries from colonialism from the spanish and 1.4 million people killed (Genocide) by the american white occupying forces. Divide and conquer policy.

Unlike the white counterparts, it didnt take us long to acknowledge what we were doing was wrong, it didnt take us decades of oppressing our own kind to see the wrongs, it didnt take us centuries of beating and lynching to see what was wrong. It didnt take us that long to see who the real enemy really was, Ourselves. We ammeded it and embraced our differences.

With the present wars Worldwide and how people are seen in these shores from the outside, AFTER all these years, have things really changed? really??

To your one little incident, i can give you thousands. Leagues? yup, you guys can be happy your in one special one of your own, we cant compare. Right??

Last edited by GracieJJ; 07-09-2009 at 01:29 AM..

Old 07-09-2009, 01:55 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
I'm telling you GracieJJ, they just don't get it. Proud to be white=white nationalist.

White nationalism, proud to be white, is all about whites believing they are superior to everyone else, simple as that. All the hate groups claim they are white nationalists, which guys like NVPlumber seem ok rallying around with. The neo nazi type, what have you.

Reading up on white nationalism, proud to be white groups through prominent white nationalist sites such as Stormfront, VNN, etc. these are common beliefs held by white nationalists, also referenced as people proud to be white.

-White race is superior, all other races are inferior.
-Race mixing is forbidden and any white who mixes is deemed tainted, unworthy and spoiled. Perfect example of this is BurtsBees attacking me for having a white girlfriend. He automatically assumes I'm black, I'm actually mixed, but plays off the racial stereotypes white nationalists use. Also all of his posts are racially related. Anyway, here is what he said to me earlier in the thread.

BurtsBees quote
"Probably just laughing at your sagging pants, doo-rag and 250lb white girlfriend with gapped teeth."

Incredibly jealous and angry people.

-They believe MLK was a communist and degrade him on a consistent basis.
- One drop rule. If you have any non-white blood in you, you're not white.
- Openly advocate the assassination of Barack Obama.
- Do not believe women should have the right to vote.
- Believe that the white race is dying and that the other races will take over and kill them.
- Believe in race wars, rioting, what they call chimp outs.
- Constantly refer to non-whites as savages, demons, and sub humans.

Anyone who says they are proud to be white, are fitting right in with the nationalists, and should in my opinion be monitored by the government and labeled as a terrorist group.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:51 AM

261 posts, read 944,088 times
Default HHmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
It's the sick way our society here in America has evolved. I hate to see the way minorities are growing. When they get to th top of the pecking order here, who is going to pay the bills for America? I'm sure not them.

So by this type of rational thinking it it the "whites" who have been at the "top" of the pecking order all this time and we are now a country in trillions of dollars in debt. Wonder which white guy forgot to put the stamp on the envelope that carried the check in the mail?

Old 07-09-2009, 05:31 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
I could care less if you think I'm right or wrong. The vast majority of people who say they are proud to be white are the same people who 2 sentences later talk about other races being inferior.
Prove it.

Any quotes? Links? Anything?

Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
It's a loaded question meaning any answer you give is wrong. The problem is with the question itself. I'm black but am I proud to be black? No. Being black is just another one of the details that makeup my life.

Should I be proud to be black because of what other black people did to fight for civil rights in the 1960s? No. I wasn't there and had nothing to do with it. Did they fight for the right thing? Of course. Did I benefit from it? Yes. Still doesn't mean I have to be proud to be black. It's just one of my many traits.

Questions like that hold as much weight as asking if I'm proud to have brown eyes. Race shouldn't hold any value for anyone and the sooner everyone starts believing that the better off we'll be.
You sound like some of my neighbors, who are black. Neighbors first. Black second. Just good folks who don't really care what color they are, or that I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates