Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:17 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times

Advertisements

MovedfromFL - I am truly sorry it didn't work out for you up here. I have noticed through several of your posts that you didn't appear to be happy.

I really wish you all had settled a little closer in to the metro, as I feel every single one of your complaints (with the exception of our hideous State leadership at the moment) would have been non-issues.

I moved here from Orlando 23 years ago, and have never once experienced the in-your-face religion, the rude non-welcome that you had while voting, bad schools or gangs. Granted, I live ITP in NW DeKalb - a different world from suburban Hall County.

Good luck to you, but please remember your experience does not reflect the entire State, but just a small portion. I truly hope you and your family find happiness elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 10:34 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
MovedfromFL - I am truly sorry it didn't work out for you up here. I have noticed through several of your posts that you didn't appear to be happy.

I really wish you all had settled a little closer in to the metro, as I feel every single one of your complaints (with the exception of our hideous State leadership at the moment) would have been non-issues.

I moved here from Orlando 23 years ago, and have never once experienced the in-your-face religion, the rude non-welcome that you had while voting, bad schools or gangs. Granted, I live ITP in NW DeKalb - a different world from suburban Hall County.

Good luck to you, but please remember your experience does not reflect the entire State, but just a small portion. I truly hope you and your family find happiness elsewhere.
Yes, we did make a big mistake with our choice of town, but we wanted to be near Lake Lanier. Anything closer to metro ATL was too much like the crowds and sprawl of Orlando that we left behind.

Glad things worked out here for you. I do think folks are "more like us" closer in, but we wanted to get out of that rat race.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:07 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
Yes, we did make a big mistake with our choice of town, but we wanted to be near Lake Lanier. Anything closer to metro ATL was too much like the crowds and sprawl of Orlando that we left behind.

Glad things worked out here for you. I do think folks are "more like us" closer in, but we wanted to get out of that rat race.
Don't fret
You do not have to get ITP you may find that folks like you are closer than you think

Old 12-14-2009, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,140 times
Default Living in Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPatrick1970 View Post
Anyone here wish to move out of Ga? If so, for what reasons? What would make you stay?
Oh my God! I am sitting here laughing my behing off, because I thought I was the only one so miserable in this State! I came here 12 years ago from Europe and went right into a culture shock! Could not understand that Redneck Language (mind you I studied English in the UK for several years) and was just amazed what a backwards place this is!

First I was insulted because I am Roman Catholic, then I was asked if certain countries in Europe were third world countries.... People eat Squirrels for lunch ????? When I saw that the first time I almost dropped dead! It did not take me long to figure out that I was never gonna like it here. Unfortunately my husband is from here and, until recently, did not want to leave this place.

The Southeast is pathetic! This overdone religious BS (criticising any other Religion but their own) that tinymindedness, this overdone Football BS (I have come to hate the word "DAWG"). Grown people riding around with their stupid flags on their cars acting like they are 13 years old.

I cannot wait to move away from here. When you come from Europe you think Americans are educated, open-minded, cultivated. That is definitely true for some parts of the country but not Georgia. I gave it a lot of years but I really don't think I will ever fit in here, nor do I want to.

I can totally understand everybody that wants to move away from here!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:03 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariepaccard View Post
The Southeast is pathetic! This overdone religious BS (criticising any other Religion but their own) that tinymindedness, this overdone Football BS (I have come to hate the word "DAWG"). Grown people riding around with their stupid flags on their cars acting like they are 13 years old.
If you are so willing to characterize an entire region in such a broad, uninformed, stereotypical and insulting manner, I don't doubt that your experience here has been miserable. Nor do I doubt that you will continue to experience such misery no matter where you go.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:31 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,897,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariepaccard View Post
Oh my God! I am sitting here laughing my behing off, because I thought I was the only one so miserable in this State! I came here 12 years ago from Europe and went right into a culture shock! Could not understand that Redneck Language (mind you I studied English in the UK for several years) and was just amazed what a backwards place this is!

First I was insulted because I am Roman Catholic, then I was asked if certain countries in Europe were third world countries.... People eat Squirrels for lunch ????? When I saw that the first time I almost dropped dead! It did not take me long to figure out that I was never gonna like it here. Unfortunately my husband is from here and, until recently, did not want to leave this place.

I cannot wait to move away from here. When you come from Europe you think Americans are educated, open-minded, cultivated. That is definitely true for some parts of the country but not Georgia. I gave it a lot of years but I really don't think I will ever fit in here, nor do I want to.

I can totally understand everybody that wants to move away from here!
i was goin to try to be nice in my reply, but i cant, so take ur dawg ugly, p*ss pour, well educated, closed minded, uncultivated, hair pit, roman catholic havn a** back to europe and take ur husband with u, b*tch.

sorry bought my redneck english.

have u ever had squirrel?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:07 AM

199 posts, read 627,948 times
i would be willing to bet that she has not even had any bbq'd possum!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 08:42 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,897,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepayne View Post
i would be willing to bet that she has not even had any bbq'd possum!!!

haha, bet she wouldn't eat swamp cabbage either..........

Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 AM

199 posts, read 627,948 times
hey i think they serve your kind of food on DELTA!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 12:45 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
i was goin to try to be nice in my reply, but i cant, so take ur dawg ugly, p*ss pour, well educated, closed minded, uncultivated, hair pit, roman catholic havn a** back to europe and take ur husband with u, b*tch.

sorry bought my redneck english.

have u ever had squirrel?
No matter what was posted, your ignorant response isn't welcome. Are you trying to prove the stereotype?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia