Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I would need something to show that Savannah has more high profile shows than Augusta. Bill Cosby, Broadway, Jerry Seinfeld, etc have been to Augusta.

Bill Cosby tickets go on sale
Jerry Seinfeld returning to Augusta in 2012

Elton John came to Augusta before.
Elton John to perform at James Brown Arena | The Augusta Chronicle
I gave you "something" to show that Savannah gets more shows than Augusta. That thread was about shows that have played the Savannah Civic Center THIS YEAR -- since January! The stuff you referenced is all in the past. Not a comparison. And I didn't even touch on the various national acts that routinely pass through Savannah and play other venues in town. Or the myriad of national and international acts that are drawn to Savannah's endless roster of festivals -- arts, music, theater, film, cultural. SCAD also brings in many national names. If you want to see for yourself, just go to the DO website for Savannah Morning News.

DO: Entertainment, Things to do in Savannah | Savannahnow.com Mobile

For a city it's size, Savannah has remarkable amount of stuff going on. It's one of the best things about living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,110,497 times
Mutiny, you've just won the prestigious "Earth to Columbus! Earth to Columbus! Award" for your keen appraisal of Georgia's Second-Tier Cities:

{quote} In terms of size, it's Augusta. In terms of prestige/culture, it's Savannah. {unquote}

{quote} End thread {unquote}

Congratulations.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:46 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
Mutiny, you've just won the prestigious "Earth to Columbus! Earth to Columbus! Award" for your keen appraisal of Georgia's Second-Tier Cities:

{quote} In terms of size, it's Augusta. In terms of prestige/culture, it's Savannah. {unquote}

{quote} End thread {unquote}

Congratulations.
If only that simple, truthful assessment could actually end the thread though.

"This is the song that never ends...."

Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Funny considering that this thread has nothing to do with Columbus.

That's what I was thinking. I think some Columbus posters just like arguing...JMO.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:56 AM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Columbus has more entertainment than Macon and Augusta put together. Lets not forget about the high profile shows at the River Center,Springer and Civic Center. And that's all I will say about that.
Columbus, Ohio maybe.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 PM
PJA

I've only been to Columbus a few times, the same for Macon, but despite being bigger than Macon, Macon seemed bigger and seemed to have more to do. I guess with Savannah's proximity to the ocean and its history, Macon's proximity to Atlanta and good interstate access, and Augusta already being the second largest metro, those 3 seem above and beyond Columbus already. It wasn't until 10 years ago when I got in to urban development, that I even realized that Columbus was one of the large metros in the area, I always thought it was on par with Albany or Athens. That's just how it felt when I visited, a town that happens to have a few tall building. I'm not trying to bash Columbus, it seems like a nice and safe place to live, but I"m just giving my perception.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:07 PM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I would need something to show that Savannah has more high profile shows than Augusta. Bill Cosby, Broadway, Jerry Seinfeld, etc have been to Augusta.

Bill Cosby tickets go on sale
Jerry Seinfeld returning to Augusta in 2012

Elton John came to Augusta before.
Elton John to perform at James Brown Arena | The Augusta Chronicle

I was actually going to post that most if not all of those acts have been to Augusta one or more times.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:00 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
That's what I was thinking. I think some Columbus posters just like arguing...JMO.
Not here to argue. However, don't like being told we are something when we are not. Read the Columbus forum and you will see.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:27 AM

130 posts, read 243,570 times
@ PJA If I've learned anything in my 20 almost 21 years on this earth it's this, never underestimate a place by how it feels at first glance just because it might appear nice, and safe sometimes things aren't always what they seem. I'm one of the few from Columbus on here that really speaks on what's really going on in the city right now not oblivious to the reality of our current state, I'm not knocking Columbuskid92 I'm glad somebody my age is enthusiastic about the way the city is and the direction it's heading I respect dude, I just can't do it because when I step out of my door I see a very different Columbus than what certain users in the Columbus subforum will have you believe. Though the farthest north I've ever been is Atlanta you're not the only one I've heard ever say that even though Columbus is in fact the 3rd largest city we have that small town feel to us and there's not much to do you pretty much hit the nail on it's head so I'm by no means disagreeing, that is in fact changing though or atleast trying to which is better than doing absolutely nothing which is usually the city councils mode of business. I've been to Macon a few times can't say I've been to Augusta, or Savannah but I look at it like this and I think all of us can agree on this, whether you're from Columbus, Augusta, Macon, Albany or Savannah or any other decent sized city in the state anywhere that's not Atlanta, or the Atlanta metro area, we're always gonna be 2nd best and in the backdrop of things, no matter how one chooses to spin it, it's just how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia