Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:31 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,643,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dave_Jones View Post
Columbus guys still the most delusional about their city. These guys are hysterical. Please do tell what about Columbus makes it better for shopping, entertainment and city feel than Savannah and Augusta? Columbus feels smaller than Macon and somewhat similar to Athens, yet now it feels more like a city than even Savannah?
Not getting into this debate but just curious, how often are you in Columbus? Even been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,842,054 times
Quote:
Columbus guys still the most delusional about their city. These guys are hysterical. Please do tell what about Columbus makes it better for shopping, entertainment and city feel than Savannah and Augusta? Columbus feels smaller than Macon and somewhat similar to Athens, yet now it feels more like a city than even Savannah?
Columbus has more entertainment than Macon and Augusta put together. Lets not forget about the high profile shows at the River Center,Springer and Civic Center. And that's all I will say about that.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:14 PM

425 posts, read 631,798 times
Columbus has the least visitors of all 3 I would imagine, just not on the way anywhere. Macon's only real attraction seems to be Mercer.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
Columbus has the least visitors of all 3 I would imagine, just not on the way anywhere. Macon's only real attraction seems to be Mercer.
Can you provide that report? Curious myself.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 PM

71 posts, read 116,220 times
These guys.... If you Columbusites think your city feels larger than Savannah or Augusta, I think the real question is have you ever left Columbus at all? I'm positive no one outside of Columbus would say the same. It's nonsense. Columbus is in the middle of no man's land.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
Quote:
Columbus has the least visitors of all 3 I would imagine
And cities like Macon don't even have a visitor center.

Georgia Tourism - Visitor Center Locations | ExploreGeorgia.org

Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
These guys.... If you Columbusites think your city feels larger than Savannah or Augusta, I think the real question is have you ever left Columbus at all? I'm positive no one outside of Columbus would say the same. It's nonsense. Columbus is in the middle of no man's land.
Actually lived in Athens, Atlanta, and Orlando. So I take it you haven't been. End of discussion.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 PM

425 posts, read 631,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post

I've been thru Columbus on the way back from an interview with Southern Company at their nuke plant outside of Dothan ALabama a few years ago. I think the town has a lot of character and seems to have a pretty nice downtown area. I was surprised it was somewhat hilly. I'd grade the downtown area better than Macon's. Augusta is probably slightly better b ut not a big difference. I don't know enough about either's suburban areas to comment. I only been thru Macon a few times, once to visit Mercer when I was senior in high school. Nice campus, and the town had some nice architecture nearby but along the river it was pretty rough. I think Columbus would probably be great for daily living it just isn't on the way anywhere or no real big reason for people to visit it. I'm not sure what industry they have there outside of the military base and maybe a southern company office.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM

71 posts, read 116,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post

It's not that difficult to look up that they have 2 [http://www.maconga.org/about/visitor...tion-centers/]. I'm pretty sure a smart guy such as yourself can figure out that basically everywhere on that "visitor's center" map you posted were state line visitor centers, with the exception of Plains, the home of Jimmy Carter. Stick to comparing yourself to Macon though, because Augusta and Savannah are superior. This is coming from the same guy who said Columbus has more nightlife, shopping and entertainment than Augusta and Savannah. You Columbus guys are the worst, nonfactual, GA C-D forum participants.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM

Columbus is in the middle of no man's land,but sits on two major highways and sit between Macon and Montgomery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia