Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:40 PM

177 posts, read 973,536 times

Advertisements

tiffsbiz,

I hope I got your name right this time and I apologize for my MISTAKE.

I DO try to be very careful, particularly with names because I have neurological damage from brain injury in 1990. Obviously, I wasn't careful enough in writing your name. That damage is one of the reasons I always mention -->my husband<-- as the driver in other posts about driving around the Georgia country side, as I haven't been able to drive for many years.

I did intend my post to you with respect but that was undoubtedly overweighed by calling you "butz"

I SURE hope when you read my apology and explanation that you'll laugh, 'cause I doubt if I could make that same again if I tried. And, I hope that you'll be understanding.

Cordially,

zebbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 02:15 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyukos View Post
You clarified your meaning, alright. The confederate flag was a symbol of the Southern side of the civil war, which was thought to be over slavery at the time. Southerners were open about it, since racism wasn't then considered bad or unusual in this area. It is only recently that people felt shame over their pro-slavery position and tried to clean it up. Southern GA is full of towns where people wave this flag in each others' faces. You should have no trouble finding such a town.

As far as the Jena 6 are concerned, if that student who hung up the noose only got a good beating, he should consider himself lucky not to have received the hanging he was threatening others with.
The student who got the beating wasn't even involved in the noose hanging!

As for the flag, most Southerners don't fly as a symbol of racism, they fly it as a symbol of culture.......

Old 01-04-2008, 03:28 PM

11 posts, read 31,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deja-zebbie View Post
tiffsbiz,

I hope I got your name right this time and I apologize for my MISTAKE.

I DO try to be very careful, particularly with names because I have neurological damage from brain injury in 1990. Obviously, I wasn't careful enough in writing your name. That damage is one of the reasons I always mention -->my husband<-- as the driver in other posts about driving around the Georgia country side, as I haven't been able to drive for many years.

I did intend my post to you with respect but that was undoubtedly overweighed by calling you "butz"

I SURE hope when you read my apology and explanation that you'll laugh, 'cause I doubt if I could make that same again if I tried. And, I hope that you'll be understanding.

Cordially,

zebbie

Apology excepted. I tend to have my guard up when posting on message boards, due to the overwhelming amount of sarcasm and negativity that permeates the internet. I apologize, myself, for being harsh. I genuinely hope you recover from your injury, and have a blessed life. Best wishes to you and your family this holiday season.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 PM

tiffsbiz,

This afternoon I shared my mistake with my husband and he pointed out that the "u" and "i" are next to each other on the keyboard. He figures I just threw in the "t" for extra luck (just one of his little jokes).

Thank you for being kind.

And all the best to you as well.

zebbie

Old 01-05-2008, 12:50 AM

7 posts, read 23,014 times
We'd love to have you in Georgia! I recommend Savannah, Griffin, Zebulon, and ANYWHERE in North Georgia that ISN"T a big town like Atlanta. Think small town.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,197,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachylibrarian View Post
We'd love to have you in Georgia! I recommend Savannah, Griffin, Zebulon, and ANYWHERE in North Georgia that ISN"T a big town like Atlanta. Think small town.
I guess that's the difference in people and in cultures. For me, I could never live in the "south" outside of the metro Atlanta area. I want to live in a suburban area with educated and business savvy people, where I can buy a nice house and send my kids to good schools.

One of the attractions of metro Atlanta was that you can have some of the benefits of southern geography (weather), without having to feel like you live in the south.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 PM

177 posts, read 221,719 times
So, People south of the Atlanta area arent educated and business savvy? There arent any nice houses or schools here? Wow....that has got to be the most uneducated, down right dumbest thing I have read on the net today!!
Congrats!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,197,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelo View Post
So, People south of the Atlanta area arent educated and business savvy? There arent any nice houses or schools here? Wow....that has got to be the most uneducated, down right dumbest thing I have read on the net today!!
Congrats!!!
Not what I meant, but I can see how you could draw that conclusion from the way I phrased my comments. Of course you can business savvy folks, good schools and housing in some areas of the more rural south, but they are less the norm and more the exception. The stereotype of fat bubba the redneck isn't the rule, but it can be found in enough places throughout the rural south.

What I really meant is that I don't want to live in more rural areas where the culture is more traditionally southern, based on religion, hunting, fishing, and other activities and attitudes more associated with the traditional south.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:15 PM

177 posts, read 221,719 times
Gotcha...thanks for clearing that up.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:38 PM

Peelo,

PLEASE don't worry about what people say about areas south of Atlanta. If we let their comments ride, maybe they won't come down here and wreck the place with overdevelopment.

Yep we're all dumb as dirt down here. In the five houses closest to me, 4 houses have people with Ph.Ds and and an emergency room nurse lives in the other house. Now if one of them would only open a restaurant!

zebbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia