Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 AM

71 posts, read 706,867 times

Advertisements

Well, I've posted pretty much the same thing on other threads but here goes again.....
Martinez and Evans are about 8 - 10 miles west of Augusta, GA, which is right on the Savannah River. Martinez and Evans are not "townships" as much as they are "areas," meaning that there is no "Main Street" with little shops and businesses along it. They are both pretty spread out and you really can't tell where one ends and the other begins. So you will not get that "small town" feel that you may be looking for.

That said, Columbia County is a good place to live. Very diverse, including folks from other parts of the country. The taxes are reasonable, the crime is low - shoplifting being the major crime. Schools are some of the best in GA. People are friendly and will chat with you anywhere there is a line. Good sports program and some really nice athletic parks. All the usual resturants plus some that are locally owned that are great.

A large number of big companies have settled in the area. Augusta is a good place to work. (but not to live) Big medical community with seven major hospitals (including the Medical College of Georgia and Eisenhower Medical Center at Fort Gordon.)

Grovetown, which is closer to Fort Gordon, once was a dinky little run-down place but is really growing by leaps and bounds and gaining a nice reputation.

There is a lot to offer in the area. Come take a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 PM

104 posts, read 453,352 times
Thanks cotton

Old 10-06-2007, 09:07 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,455,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
If we want to look at barometers of patriotism then it should be interesting to note that The South has the smallest ratio of households that fly the US Flag.
I find that hard to believe. May I ask your source for that fact?

Old 10-07-2007, 01:12 PM

348 posts, read 1,022,570 times
Unfortunately I've noticed too many people of different cultures moving here and trying to change the "good ol south" to their own country they left...But there are some areas left untouched..I hope

Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 PM

104 posts, read 453,352 times
Im with ya HappyMom4, were are you from in Ga?

Old 10-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy-n-Iraq View Post
Im with ya HappyMom4, were are you from in Ga?

I'm in Walton County, but possibly moving to mid Ga, near Perry in the not too distant future I do love Walton Co, only problem with it is the Atlanta sprawl...will it ever end ?!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
I find that hard to believe. May I ask your source for that fact?

I find that hard to believe too. I see our flag flown everywhere, almost every home has our flag waving from the front porch, including mine!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 AM

722 posts, read 3,320,682 times
what's wrong with different cultures adding their own customs and traditions to america. We are a melting pot you know.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 AM

137 posts, read 551,171 times
I'm from a rural town in N. central Fl and my children are raised to that standard. I had better not hear them address ANY adult without the use of Ms. or Mr. I am 32 and still address my elders with the same respect. Keep looking, you can find somewhere to raise your son that still embodies the traditions of the "old" south! Furthermore, as long as you continue to teach him those "polite" traditions they will become 2nd nature to him, no matter where you reside! I am truly thankful to you for your sacrifices to our country and I applaud you for wanting to raise a "Southern" gentleman!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
what's wrong with different cultures adding their own customs and traditions to america. We are a melting pot you know.

Melting pot? Melting pot is fine but not when you want to bring your culture and change mine because you won't assimilate to my country's ways and change beautiful small towns into 3rd world countries? Where's the melting pot in that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia