Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 AM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times

Advertisements

No - That won't work, I know of someone who's an athiest and someone else who's liberal.

Seriously, EVERYONE would have to be conservative, Christian, etc?

This is America, it's a melting pot that was populated by people who were outcasts, rebels and discontented. Founded on principals of religious freedom and tolerance. You may have to go to another country to find what you want. But then you'd probably have to learn another language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 PM

128 posts, read 298,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
No - That won't work, I know of someone who's an athiest and someone else who's liberal.

Seriously, EVERYONE would have to be conservative, Christian, etc?

This is America, it's a melting pot that was populated by people who were outcasts, rebels and discontented. Founded on principals of religious freedom and tolerance. You may have to go to another country to find what you want. But then you'd probably have to learn another language.
Gimmie a break. He's looking for a town where most people are conservative Christians. People tend to like to be aroudn other similar people. I see posts all the town where people are looking for "progressive towns" or town where people are "environmentaly and socially conscious" -- if that's what they like fine for them, what do you care if this guy would rather be around hard working, conservative Christian types as he puts it. No one's saying absolutelyeveryone will be the same.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
I agree. Although looking at the original post he did say "I'm looking for a place where every speaks English and everyone is Christian and goes out to Church on Sunday." The part about wanting "everyone" to be Christian likely would limit it to very small towns. Even in my town, 660, there is one or two atheists and maybe a member of a non-Christian faith.

Still I think we're all assuming he meant "most" because "every" is just too difficult to manage outside communities intentionally designed to be Christian. (Like a Hutterite colony or that town of Old Believers)

Old 05-03-2010, 11:34 PM

185 posts, read 399,822 times
Sorry, I threw around "every" too loosely. "Majority" rather then "every" would suit it better.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 AM

128 posts, read 298,244 times
Speaking of "every" and communities designed by Christians, check out Naples, Florida. It's the site of Ave Maria college and law school which is a very conservative Catholic school and I heard they've sort of built a little planned city up around it.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:34 AM

17 posts, read 80,890 times
Default Most Conservative towns

Most conservative town I have ever been in - Franklin, Tenn. Wonderfully quaint, happy friendly people, most beautiful town I have seen in the US and I have travelled quite a bit. Only draw back - very expensive. I live in Farragut, TN - also conservative, but expensive also (not quite as nice as Franlin.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:04 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Fort Smith, Arkansas is one of the most conservative places in the country, in a Republican Christian way. Its much more conservative than Northwest (Fayetteville) Arkansas. There is a liberal subculture there (like every area) but it is such a small minority that its not very noticeable and its mostly among young people who leave the area as soon as they get the chance.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:40 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
I guess another way to fulfill the original request is look through the "least alcohol drinking" list for highly conservative/Republican counties. Although you likely get some Utah that way, as I think the OP wasn't thinking Mormon, for it to fit the request.

https://www.city-data.com/top2/co5.html

Randolph County, North Carolina looks to have averaged 66% Republican in the last five Presidential elections. I'm not finding any Democratic candidate for Senate, Governor, or President who won the county in the last 20 years.

President Map - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times
Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections
Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections - Compare Maps
Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections - Compare Maps

And seeing as I'm tired, and that's a better example than I expected to start, I'll stop there.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:47 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,268,846 times
Alot of small towns and cities in Minnesota and Wisconsin would fit your discription minus the drinking part. People here drink ALOT and it's quite accepted, even for kids well under 21. I would look at the suburbs and small towns of the Appleton and Green Bay areas of Wisconsin if you do not mind the drinking and the cold.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:52 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
why do "traditional" and "conservative" have to be linked. There are plenty of moderately liberal communities (I can think of the New England States in particular) that have very strong traditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.