Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 12:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,183 times

Advertisements

Well I will be getting out of the army soon and plan on relocating somewhere new. I am 30 years old have no kids and no one tying me to any particular location. I grew up in western MA and lived there for 25 years. I originally intended to move back there but I think I might be ready for a change of pace. I will have enough money to live for around 4-6 months without a job depending on location and cost of living. I will be seeking employment and have a bachelors degree and 6 years of military experience to put on my resume.

I am looking for an urban or medium sized area that has a lot to do. I enjoy good food and entertainment of all kinds. Im not a fan of large franchise restraunts and prefer small unique establishments. I need a place where the job market will allow me to get a job withing the 4-6 month time frame (Im not picky and anything will be a step up from the army). As far as living space I dont require much I would be happy with a small 1 bedroom or even possibly a studio. Lastly I would live there to be people my own age to mingle with.

Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM

874 posts, read 2,895,349 times
Does climate matter? That might impact the suggestions.

Also, did you have an area of specialization in the Army that will lend itself well to a similar position in the civilian world? There might be cities that have a demand for your specific field.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,183 times
Climate is not that important but if anything i would say not too warm.

Well I have been in the infantry for my entire time in the army so I dont know of a civilian equivalent. I have however been mainly managing medium sized groups and conducting planning and coordination's for said groups for the past couple years so I guess that could translate over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.