Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,012,512 times

Advertisements

Combine Pittsburgh, NYC, Seattle and Annapolis and you get San Francisco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 04:06 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,899,145 times
This is exactly what has been on my mind lately - I wish I could do this for real, so I could just live in one place and be done!

1. New York City - diversity and high level of integration across cultures, colors, belief systems, and income levels; tons of cultural access; extensive public transportation; every kind of food you could ever want; my heart is there
2. San Francisco - more laid-back approach to culture and communication (I love NYC but there IS a lot of pretentiousness and stress to even daily interaction), hills! - varied topography is a must!
3. Florida Keys/Key Largo - chill island vibe, tropical climate, turquoise water everywhere, very friendly people
4. Finger Lakes region, NY - beautiful land, mountains, tons of natural outdoor things to do and outdoor enthusiasts to do it with (who do it because nature is part of their daily life, not because they're trying to "get a good workout"), lots of land for fairly low prices - privacy and space are easy to come by

This was tough to narrow down though. If I did an international version, it would include places like Paris, Buenos Aires, Micronesia, Copenhagen, Dakar, and Kathmandu... spiritual, beautiful, warm, cultural, integrated, great music and food, peaceful.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:01 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,217,234 times
I think I'll craft up an international version of my perfect city as well. Stay tuned!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:10 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,344,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfishKey View Post
This is exactly what has been on my mind lately - I wish I could do this for real, so I could just live in one place and be done!
The truth.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:21 AM

83 posts, read 180,772 times
1) LA - weather, beaches, food, luxury vehicles, celebrity lifestyle
2) Miami - soul and passion, women, high rise condos, 24/7 nightlife
3) NYC - skyscrapers and 24/7 public transportation
4) Las Vegas - EDM, mega nightclubs, individualism, cost of living

Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM

373 posts, read 368,144 times
Boston- transit better than NYC IMO except its not 24 hours, higher education, street life, historic sport winning professional teams, medical insutitions, shopping,
San Diego- terrain, oceanfront, views, nightlife, weather is perfect
Tampa- city layout, bay, food I been to a lot of cities and love the spots there, bungalows, diversity
Nashville- clean downtown for state capital, less traffic, air quality, friendly,

Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,087,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgem View Post
Boston- transit better than NYC IMO except its not 24 hours, higher education, street life, historic sport winning professional teams, medical insutitions, shopping,
San Diego- terrain, oceanfront, views, nightlife, weather is perfect
Tampa- city layout, bay, food I been to a lot of cities and love the spots there, bungalows, diversity
Nashville- clean downtown for state capital, less traffic, air quality, friendly,
Quite an interesting mix. I've yet to visit Tampa, but I wouldn't have guessed it to be much different from Jax.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 PM

373 posts, read 368,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Quite an interesting mix. I've yet to visit Tampa, but I wouldn't have guessed it to be much different from Jax.
Tampa airport is great too forgot to add that.

It is very different from Jax. I grew up in Jax as a child. Went back to FL for college in Tampa.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,196,055 times
Minneapolis: lakes and family culture
Chicago: food, toughness and urbanity
San Francisco: scenery and laid back attitude
Los Angeles: weather
Boston: education and wealth

Its name? Minne-Chi-Los-Fran-ston ("Minnechi Los Franston")

Old 11-14-2013, 09:26 PM

739 posts, read 1,188,699 times
-Houston-economy, cost of living, friendliness, laid-back spirit, culture, international flair, food

-Los Angeles-balmy weather/climate, proximity to ocean and mountains, multiple entertainment/amusement amenities, sequoias, suburban vibe

-Chicago-mass transit system, culture, food

-New York- mass transit system, culture, strong urban vibe, international influences culture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.