Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 PM

167 posts, read 378,028 times

Advertisements

I've posted on here before about moving from Michigan to a different state and asked which state was best for me by giving certain characteristics about myself and my situation. However, this time I will be asking questions about specific states that I am very interested in living in.

The states are:

A. New Hampshire
B. Minnesota
C. Washington
D. Wisconsin
E. Maine
F. Massachusetts
G. Conneticut

The questions:

1. How are the people generally?
2. How liberal is the state?
3. How is the dating scene?
4. How is the standard of living?
5. Are there many job opportunities in the mental health sector?
6. Are people quite accepting of someone of a different race?
7. How is the weather?

I'd appreciate it if someone can answer the questions about one of the states or if someone knows all the answers to all the states, then that's even better.

Thank you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 12:32 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,980,789 times
Well all of these states are liberal leaning for the most part and I think all of them went to Obama in the past two elections (don't quote me on that). You should be familiar with the different weather patterns in the U.S. Midwest/Northeast is humid continental (cold winters/muggy summers), etc, etc. And being from Michigan you should at least be knowledgeable about other Midwest states. I mean Wisconsin and Minnesota aren't terribly different than Michigan they're all apart of the "Great Lakes Region" and won't be a drastic change for you. Not trying to come off harsh just sayin....

New Hampshire: Rural, no major cities, dating scene probably isn't stellar due to lack of major cities, job opportunities won't be plentiful to begin with but for mental health....ehhh I'm not sure actually
Washington: Very beautiful state. Seattle area being the most populated region will offer the most job opportunities and I'm sure you'll land something in your field. Seattle is expensive. Yes the people are accepting (I assume you're a minority since your worried about people being accepting). There a lot of educated people in the Seattle area and the dating scene I hear is pretty decent. Weather is semi arid in eastern WA and oceanic on/near the coast(Seattle). Rain and cloudy days aren't out of the ordinary. It does snow in the state away from the coast and especially in the mountains/higher elevations.
Maine: Never been can't comment
Massachusetts: Boston basically rules the whole state.Very youthful state and population. Dating scene is ok. People are accepting. Weather sucks in winter ad gorgeous in summer. Job opportunities in your field I'm sure is possible. O Boston area is pricey.
Connecticut: Southern CT is actually part of greater NYC so at least you have the largest city in the country a short distance away. Northern CT I'm not too knowledgeable about

Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindTheCure View Post

1. How are the people generally?
2. How liberal is the state?
3. How is the dating scene?
4. How is the standard of living?
5. Are there many job opportunities in the mental health sector?
6. Are people quite accepting of someone of a different race?
7. How is the weather?
Via your questions it sounds like you have some criteria you're working with so I would of the states mentioned focus on Massachusetts which is liberal, has a good dating scene (Boston area), a high standard of living (Boston area), good job opportunity (Boston unemployment rate is 5.9%) with one of the largest health care job sectors in the US and a diverse, fairly accepting overall population. Naysayers will talk about it being "expensive" but bear in mind salaries are proportionate and millions of residents currently live comfortably in the Boston metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.