Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will California Ever Lose It's #1 Ranking?
Yes, in about 30-40 years. 39 25.66%
Yes but not in our lifetime. 28 18.42%
No, California will always be #1. 62 40.79%
Other 23 15.13%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:45 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,157,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Texas has 2 of the top 5 largest & fastest growing metros in the country.

I wouldn't call that backwards. Seems pretty progressive to me.

1. NYC
2. LA
3. Chicago
4. D/FW
5. Houston
Maybe their population growth is from all of backwards people in the rest of the country moving there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,775,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Maybe their population growth is from all of backwards people in the rest of the country moving there?
Shoot, I guess so. Californians are leading the way, too... inbound migration from the main CA population centers to the TX population centers has outpaced most of the rest of the country's migration to TX in recent years. Outbound migration - TX to CA - is almost nonexistent.

American Migration [Interactive Map] - Forbes

But, as Ronnie Jonez with a 'z' said, as long as kids are still being spanked in small towns, Texas can never hope to be truly great and California-like.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:02 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,565,695 times
Quote:
Yeah I didnt know California was that corny, but I guess it is.

I laughed out loud the first time I saw it for having the audacity to air it here in Texas where most California transplants end up.

They must be pretty desperate these days to make a commercial like that.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwqumoO0Ds

Blame the target market. If if didn't focus-group well, it would be aired.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Blame the target market. If if didn't focus-group well, it would be aired.
Their target market is aimed at recent transplants who have moved on to better states with decent economies & more moderate political climiates such as Texas.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB8abovetherim View Post
I'm curious, where did you find these figures? I'm curious to see how other cities in the US will look in 40 years. You have a link?
I found them in my head. What cities are you looking for, I am sure if I poke around up there I can find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Those are not real, and half of them are NOT metro areas....
of course those numbers are real. There is no such thing as a fake number And they are all metro areas or will be in 40 years.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,565,695 times
Quote:
Their target market is aimed at recent transplants who have moved on to better states with decent economies & more moderate political climiates such as Texas.
That makes no sense. There is no logical scenario in which CA's annual $75 billion tourism industry is wholly dependent on its visiting expats.

And since you've opened the door, any state that voted for George W. Bush twice is in no position to criticize any others state's "political climate".

Old 05-07-2012, 03:16 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,756,487 times
Texas needs to lose the outdated laws, but probably never will. Still have the "dry" counties like it's 1952.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 PM

444 posts, read 665,709 times
Quote:
LOL @ Metro Matt. You try so hard and I'll give you that.

In the end you're just a troll stuck in an overgrown Oklahoma.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:03 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

of course those numbers are real. There is no such thing as a fake number And they are all metro areas or will be in 40 years.

Numbers are in fact real, the figures you have came from your head I guess...

So......"East Texas" is a metro? "RGV" is a metro? South Texas, Panhandle, West Texas.......while comical.....not metros.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Numbers are in fact real, the figures you have came from your head I guess...

So......"East Texas" is a metro? Yep, Its the new Tyler-Longview-Nacogdoches Metro "RGV" is a metro? Yep, its the new McAllen metro South Texas-yep the Corpus Metro, Panhandle, West Texas.......while comical.....not metros.
you get the idea.

Not comical in the least. You lived in Texas, you should know that Houston area is referred to as SE Texas, DFW is known as North Texas, Austin area is referred to as Centex, McAllen Area is referred to as the RGV. You are not a good example of a Texan if you didn't know that. You should have gotten around the State more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.