Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will California Ever Lose It's #1 Ranking?
Yes, in about 30-40 years. 39 25.66%
Yes but not in our lifetime. 28 18.42%
No, California will always be #1. 62 40.79%
Other 23 15.13%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 PM

686 posts, read 1,167,850 times

Advertisements

the first picture IS Texas, it's lake Johnson about 60 miles NW of Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:24 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTXmetro View Post
the first picture IS Texas, it's lake Johnson about 60 miles NW of Austin.
Where's the link that you got that picture from? No way is that in Texas.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:57 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
14 million whites in California alone--consider your two dollars gone.
Yeah, but that 14 million is going to decline to 13 million, then to 12 million, then to 11 million, and then to 10 million. etc. etc. Do you really think California's non-Hispanic white population is gonna stay stable or grow? It's declining. The state is experiencing massive white flight. For all we know, the state may someday have less than one million whites.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:05 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
Everyone I personally know in California is struggling. It's a middle class nightmare. It's where the notion of a widening gap between the haves and the have-nots is played out to the fullest.
Responding to a few earlier posts, I don't need Fox News, right-wing politics, or grandpa to tell me that. How on earth anybody makes this into a right-wing political fantasy is beyond me. California is the new rust belt. That is it's reality. It is no secret to anyone paying attention.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Where's the link that you got that picture from? No way is that in Texas.
No chance.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:04 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,947,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Everyone I personally know in California is struggling. It's a middle class nightmare. It's where the notion of a widening gap between the haves and the have-nots is played out to the fullest.
Responding to a few earlier posts, I don't need Fox News, right-wing politics, or grandpa to tell me that. How on earth anybody makes this into a right-wing political fantasy is beyond me. California is the new rust belt. That is it's reality. It is no secret to anyone paying attention.
I think you are overreacting. I've lived in California my whole life, though I'm in El Paso now do to work, I go back home quite often and really haven't seen it as being nearly as bad as you describe. Yes the economy took a giant runny sh*t, but it's not just CA, it's the whole country and most of the world. And I wouldn't compare California to the rust belt. The rust belt suffered because their ONLY industry went away. CA's economy and population are enormous, so there ARE those effected worse than others but from what I've seen, the majority are doing okay.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:47 PM

444 posts, read 665,464 times
Quote:
And how many Californians do you personally know? 1? 2? And you correlate that to the whole state of CA's 40 million (and growing) in population?

The exaggerations here are laughable at best. Calling CA the new Rust Belt and a middle class nightmare only shows your complete idiocy (and envy). Living in California I see firsthand what's going here and all I have to say is someone's been lying to you. Sorry. Go on about your own business in your insignificant state.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:53 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Funny. I acually live here, so I'm here, interacting with people in CA every day, and most of the people I know are in the okay-to-thriving end of the spectrum...

Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 AM

686 posts, read 1,167,850 times
I stand corrected, that photo was not Texas as you all indicated. The website which I visited said it was....d@mn souces... but here is Horseshoe Texas, not exactly Horseshoe Beach Bermuda... lol, but it's nice.

my apoligies

Old 05-14-2012, 06:54 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
No problem, at least you stood up and corrected it.
Horseshoe bay is very nice too.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.