Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:12 PM

16 posts, read 51,920 times

Advertisements

Hey WIlWradio thanks for your elaborate replies...I was also of the mindset that KC would not be great for me....because I met a guy once from NJ once online who had relocated to KC and he seemed to be pretty alert, sane and smart....well he said that he did not click well at all in KC and had no luck at all dating and find the region to be very snobby and he actually went as far to say that he hated KC....and he was 40 years old. He moved to Las Cruces NM...and said he would commute into El Paso for fun and women chasing..and nightlife!! I almost thought that it sounded like an ok living arrangment...hehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 02:13 PM

any word on Alberquerque NM?? women there?? jobs?? pretty??

Old 09-17-2010, 02:30 PM

719 posts, read 2,673,716 times
This is disappointing to hear. I've always liked the idea of Seattle for its holistic living and beautiful nature. But really, it's the people who make a city, and if you perceive the people to be asshats, then it's not much of a city, huh? =[ Sorry to hear that.

I'm in Austin, and it's pretty cool. A lot of people say that it's hyped up, but I can't comment on this. I didn't come here with particularly high expectations (either because the hype didn't exist or I was oblivous--moved here with my family at fifteen from South Texas), and I LOVE it. But I can see how it can be a disappointment for people who come here expecting something awesome. Like somebody else said, there's a bit of an ultra-liberal atmosphere here as well, but I always find the people here to be very down-to-earth, friendly, and laid back. The dating scene is very vibrant too (and the women here are quite gorgeous just IMHO), for both straight and gay men alike. As for things to do here, this place is a paradise for the outdoorsy (of course, you may be disappointed in this regard coming from Seattle) as well as music enthusiasts. Great nightlife too. Anyway, wish you the best of luck finding a new home!

Last edited by lndigo; 09-17-2010 at 03:27 PM..

Old 09-17-2010, 03:22 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,872,098 times
Charleston, SC could work.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:36 PM

Just google "The Seattle Freeze" to educate oneself more on the social disease in this city...holistic, christian, gay or straight, does not matter to be to much, as long as the folks therein are warm, approachable, and friendly, not superficially so....

Some places in America are simply territorial, clicky and more stuck up than others, collectively...there are these "spirits to places"....hard to explain, but I believe they exist. There are some mean ass, passive aggressive, socially retarded souls in Seattle....it has never ceased to be evident here...ask any transplant for the most part....I have heard that Portland OR was much friendlier than Seattle..from many people over the years here.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,475,615 times
I'm guessing the "shyness" of Seattle is due to the Scandinavian heritage of the area. Minnesota supposedly suffers from the same condition, though I don't think it's true.

Anyway, I'm a small town person. My theory is that large cities are basically the same, because they attract transplants from all over. I would suggest moving to a small town, but it sounds like you want the urban experience. So, here are my suggestions, take them for what they are worth (not much).

Amarillo, TX - very conservative mid-sized city, "extroverted," "traditional values" focus, family friendly
Shreveport, LA - very conservative, mid-sized city, traditional values
Oklahoma City, OK - see above
Little Rock, AR - see above
Jackson, MS - see above
Nashville, TN - see above, but with more 'action'
Omaha, NE - Midwestern, conservative (but not VERY conservative), laid back
Augusta, GA - Deep South, very conservative, extroverted

Old 09-18-2010, 01:57 AM

Yea Seattle are Minnesota are very alike ...been to and also not for thanks to the Scandanavians once again....same with both N and S Dakota...also very politically correct peoples...who tend to put gays and minorities first,,especially the women who tend to do this...I have been to all those places...and the men and women who do well in such places and get alot of special attention if they are transplants, and respect are gay men and women and African Americans males and females. I spent time in both Dakotas as well...and trust me, if you are an african american male..women will be lining up! Contrary to popular belief!! My Italian NY ass got hardly any love from the women in both Dakota's and in Minnesota..lol!! But my black male friends, both from the states and from Africa in Fargo ND and IN Sioux Falls SD..and more white, blonde women than you can shake a stick out! Man was I jealous. One of very good friends from the Congo in Africa, there in Fargo, had around 5 different women any given time and he was sleeping with all of them. Freakin' guy was worshiped in Fargo!

Old 09-18-2010, 02:03 AM

this may sound weird but I dont think southern Europeans get on too well with northern Europeans..every-time I have been to a predominately Scandinavian cities in the states, I have never done too well with people therein. especially the women...but they go bonkers over African Americans or people from Africa in general....hmm

Old 09-18-2010, 07:31 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,525,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Charleston, SC could work.
You'd be bored with Charleston after about 6 months or less. I'd look to areas with at least 1,000,000 people. Charleston proper has 1/10 that and the entire metropolitan area is only half that. You have to drive out of state and take a 3 or 4 hour drive to get to a bigger city.

Also you wouldn't like Charleston if you are vegetarian; like organic food and/or holistic health care where these concepts appear to be brand new and haven't caught on the way they have in other areas.

Last edited by emilybh; 09-18-2010 at 07:40 AM..

Old 09-28-2010, 04:00 PM

217 posts, read 563,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infromthestorm View Post
I have never seen so many half ass looking stuck up women either who are nearly impossible to engage with or approach.
Yeah, it's all those other women. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you. Or how everybody else is stuck up and cold in Seattle, a whole city of hundreds of thousands and nothing at all to do with you.

Sounds like your lack of social skills will follow you wherever you roam.
But hey, it's easier to blame somebody else...isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.