Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 06:02 PM

19 posts, read 19,910 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

I am writing with the intention to get advice and information about an ongoing wish and desire to relocate out of Arizona back East.
I wish to find out more about the states I would consider to live in and those States are Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Maine or Vermont.

Ive close friends in Pennsylvania in Warren and a friend who relocates back to Tennessee close to Knoxville.
My Job position is a Pharmacy technician and I am a single mom with a 4 year old child who would enter school next year.
Since I am unhappy with the school system and environment in Arizona and I wish and choose to relocate in a greener state with 4 seasons, forested landscapes, lakes and water. This means that I truly suffer from the hot summer heat out here and it makes me literally sick.
I would have a business opportunity in Pennsylvania, but what about schools for kids and education? Since me and my boyfriend would consider to buy land, meaning a small hobby Farm and property, what about the taxes and overall cost of living and prices in these states?
Where can I find better job opportunities as pharmacy technician?
Is Maine really that bad cause of the Taxes? And Tennesee does have a overall high crime rate and bad salary?
I wish to get more accurate, more realistic advice and information from people who actually relocated there or live there.

I have to make a tough and very hard decision here that ll influence not only my future, but that of all 3 of us.

Thank you very much in Advance
I am looking forward hearing from you.

K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 08:24 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
My family is leaving San Diego in April for Philly. Good schools, 4 seasons, close to DC, NYC, Boston, Baltimore, the Jersey Shore and the mountains, and just a flight away from the Caribbean/Florida for a short winter vacation to escape the ice and snow. Philly is good for schools and such, diverse...but the crime rate is kind of concerning. I'd suggest Pittsburgh. It's a bit further away with more extreme weather...but it has a lower crime rate and overall better quality of life from what I've heard.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM

Thank you for the reply! Is pittsburgh kids friendly? I've heard about high taxes but I ve no idea if its true, I am grateful for any help and information!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:53 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRebel View Post
Thank you for the reply! Is pittsburgh kids friendly? I've heard about high taxes but I ve no idea if its true, I am grateful for any help and information!
Yes. Very kid friendly.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 AM

Thank you! Anyone here that knows more about Knoxville area in TN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.