Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who is the best overall major van line/moving company?
Mayflower 9 29.03%
Allied 5 16.13%
United 4 12.90%
Bekins 2 6.45%
None of the above 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2011, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_mommy View Post
I'm still waiting for my stuff!
The only Greenway Movers is in Chicago and is rated as a top company. She is talking about Greenway Vanlines who were shut down, I believe they were in Florida.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,261 times
I recently moved and used Greenway Movers, they were the exact opposite of all my other experiences with professionals in the past. Their were no gimmicks or price changes, delivery was there in 4 days to Colorado from Chicago, the staff I dealt with there were all excellent from my move coordinator to my movers.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM

415 posts, read 2,336,058 times
I have been in the moving industry since 1978, in my 30 plus years I have worked for United Van Lines, North American Van Lines, Bekins Van Lines, Allied Moving and Storage and Mayflower Transit.
Out of these the best company by far has been Mayflower. They work diligently to provide a higher level of customer service over anyone else I have worked for. The pricing they use is very competitive, not always the cheapest, but always in line with other major movers. They run EVERY employee through a very extensive background check and absolutely will not hire ANYONE who has a felony conviction of any kind.
They truly do care about their customers and the quality of work they do.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 AM

313 posts, read 729,300 times
When I moved coast to coast I used Risingstartrans. His name was Alex and I found him on E-move. The move could not have gone better. He got all our stuff from 2 different storage areas in San Diego, packed it all, and shipped it all to the East Coast. H stayed in touch the whole way by cell phone. They got it all unloaded in one evening, and charged less than half what the big compnies do. He was really great.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:16 PM

630 posts, read 1,719,371 times
Default Allied..

was awesome! 3 wks ago we moved from Ga to Pa and from beginning to end..went perfect. The packers did an amazing job..nothing at all broken or damaged. The movers were on time and worked hard. Had to load into a uhaul and drive to the trailer since the big truck couldn't get in our driveway. 5 days later..we had our stuff. The coordinator out of Atl and the driver communicated with us the whole time. The driver even gave us his cell #. The day it was delivered it was cold and raining. My husband was going to have them unload alot of stuff onto his trailer to haul to a mini storage 30 min away since the town we moved to had major flooding and no available mini storage. When he told the guys what he was doing..they said just tell us what you want to go to storage and we will put it to the back of the tractor trailer. From there when all was done they drove it to the storage and unloaded it for us. Saved my husband about 4 trips w/trailer and untold hours. Not to mention the physical part as he would only have my 14 yr old to help. So thanks to our driver Richard..he rocks!

Old 10-17-2011, 02:31 PM

280 posts, read 1,136,881 times
Moved from NC to WA four years ago and used Bekins. We had no issues at all with them.

We're in the process of moving back and are choosing to use ABF this time. The new job isn't paying moving expenses this time so we've got a smaller budget to work with. If money was no object I would have no problem using Bekins again.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:06 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,845,149 times
Bekins has moved me and a few other of my family members; none of us ever had any complaints about them. If you're really worried about finding a good mover, (I wouldn't blame you) look on the BBB and find the companies with the best ratings that way.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:53 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,795,830 times
I never feel totally comfortable with moving companies and the revolving charge rates place the icing on the cake. A couple years back the Marine Corps had movers wisk my household goods off.They were efficient but we couldn't retrieve our goods until weeks after the prescribed date.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,557 times
Default Yeah Greenway is Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybeeds View Post
I recently moved and used Greenway Movers, they were the exact opposite of all my other experiences with professionals in the past. Their were no gimmicks or price changes, delivery was there in 4 days to Colorado from Chicago, the staff I dealt with there were all excellent from my move coordinator to my movers.
After reading some things online regarding Greenway Movers I found mostly positive things. The only negatives I found were on Yelp although I did notice they hid all the good reviews my guess is for $$. Anyway Greenway moved me down to Houston took 3 days no damage price was on point. Really impressed with how they conducted themselves and will recommend them to friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues