Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 09:46 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

July 9, 2016

Plenty to eat in the grass, no need for my garden.

Hungry Rabbit

Sleepy Rabbit

Close up Rabbit

Only 1 Bumble Bee in entire garden. Haven't seen many of them this year.

Are the Eggplants going to produce?

Eggplant Close up.

I did a double take. My 1st Cuke! National Pickling type

Always think the multi vine tomatoes are cool. They never seem to ripen together though.

Early Treat Hybrid

Sweet 100 Cherry.

Bala Sweet Hot Pepper

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 04:27 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
lookin good cam congrats on such a fine crop .my ac died on us and we will call the home warranty people tomorrow and hopefully someone will be out before the end of the week , yes these people are extremely lazy and I will be changing home warranty companys in November when this contract runs out . They are full of excuses .

Old 07-13-2016, 01:40 PM

July 13, 2016 Harvest.

Yellow Yukon Potatoes

Got some rain showers coming so figured I do this now since soil is dry. We are in a drought.

Push hay aside. Some plants are still greenish but the rest died out

The yellow ones love to form deeper than the Red Norluns. Sucks for clay soil but luckily this spot has very loose soil which I have been working at for years!

Guess how many. Not bad for a 9 x 2 area I guess.. 18 sq feet

Don't cheat. lol

Spoiler

I thought they were all the same type. Or are the darker ones just not fully ready yet?

So total of 160 Potatoes from a 54sq ft area

Old 07-13-2016, 01:54 PM

Forgot to weigh the red ones. 8.6 pounds of the yellows from the 9 x 2 area. Doesn't sound like much but cant wait to eat fresh home grown Potatoes!

Old 07-14-2016, 06:47 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Wondering if you have any luck with green and yellow squash? I have had limited success. Maybe a yield of 4 or 5 and then the vines turn to mush. Could be weather related or a bore. Cambium any advice? I am in lower Delaware.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Wondering if you have any luck with green and yellow squash? I have had limited success. Maybe a yield of 4 or 5 and then the vines turn to mush. Could be weather related or a bore. Cambium any advice? I am in lower Delaware.
I havent planted squash enough to know about them or their needs. I appreciate you asking me but this is something Google would know more of. Lol sounds like maybe a disease?

I want to eliminate something next year to make room for them but my problem is sun. I dont have a good spot for them.

The flowers alone make them worth it. My family fries them.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:17 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,217,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Update:

After a Hot Humid week, Cucumbers and Peppers started taking off. Picked a couple of hot peppers. No Cukes yet. Lots of green tomatoes.

This mornings harvest. Unfortunately not the best looking Garlic I had but I was able to salvage a couple

Snap Peas and Garlic. Snap peas are pretty much done. 1st year with them, I love the taste but not worth the space and yields. String Beans are better

What I do with the scraps... Right in the compost pile which by the way is almost all broken down. I'll turn it one more time then distribute it in September

Do you grow Anaheim peppers?

Old 07-14-2016, 09:04 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,261 times
Looks great, thanks for sharing!

Old 07-15-2016, 06:00 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am guessing it is both weather related and now possibly a borer. I thought perhaps you had some advice other than what I already knew. Your garden is amazing.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Your garden is amazing.

Thanks! I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Looks great, thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
Do you grow Anaheim peppers?
Here's a list of Peppers I'm growing.

Gernika Sweet:
Silvri Barb Curly:
Serrano Purple:
Big Tai Hybrid:
Pico Di Mindavia:
Bala Sweet:
Jalapeno Goliath:
Dr Martin Carrot Red:
Small Cherry Pepper:
Texas Black:
Papacello Forte:
Sweet Bell Peppers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden