Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 AM

336 posts, read 717,027 times

Advertisements

I was just looking at real estate in Frederick as we are looking to move back from upstate Ny and I was surprised at the property taxes. They are more than I pay up here. Guess Frederick is off the list for us. A friend has been trying to get us to do the panhandle of Wv but as someone else on here said, so many are moving there from MD and DC, I believe it's only a matter of time before the area starts turning. At least I know what I'm getting into with Md.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 06:39 PM

35 posts, read 123,252 times
Default yep

hey, sorry I has taken me so long to get back to you...I forgot all about this thread and just checked it. I did move back, I'm here in Frederick now...I like it way better then living in Montgomery County. To tell you the truth, I would never live in Montgomery County again. I've been here since December of 2008 so it's almost a year now. It is very hard to find work around here, but I guess that goes for everywhere nowadays. My sister got approved for a home loan so we have been looking for a house to buy in Frederick for the last few months with no hope. She is only approved for $115,000 so basically the only thing she can buy around here is a piece of crap townhouse. My brother has been telling us to move to Pittsburgh where he is for sometime now. We checked out home prices, and for less then $100,000 you can get a nice house in a nice neighborhood up there. Were going up this week to check out the city and see if we like it. At this point, being able to buy a house is the top priority. I do think Frederick is pretty chill, I am in my mid 20's and like to go out...but I am already sick of going to bars and all there ever is..is a DJ playing the same old crap rap music. At least Pittsburgh I'm hoping since it is a big city ...will have a more electic music scene.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,232,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdownthefed View Post
hey, sorry I has taken me so long to get back to you...I forgot all about this thread and just checked it. I did move back, I'm here in Frederick now...I like it way better then living in Montgomery County. To tell you the truth, I would never live in Montgomery County again. I've been here since December of 2008 so it's almost a year now. It is very hard to find work around here, but I guess that goes for everywhere nowadays. My sister got approved for a home loan so we have been looking for a house to buy in Frederick for the last few months with no hope. She is only approved for $115,000 so basically the only thing she can buy around here is a piece of crap townhouse. My brother has been telling us to move to Pittsburgh where he is for sometime now. We checked out home prices, and for less then $100,000 you can get a nice house in a nice neighborhood up there. Were going up this week to check out the city and see if we like it. At this point, being able to buy a house is the top priority. I do think Frederick is pretty chill, I am in my mid 20's and like to go out...but I am already sick of going to bars and all there ever is..is a DJ playing the same old crap rap music. At least Pittsburgh I'm hoping since it is a big city ...will have a more electic music scene.

Even this update is a bit old now. It looks like Frederick somewhat worked for you, just not as cheap as you would have preferred?

WHen you read your previous posts (on Page 1), do you think it was much better than when you were living in ABQ?

I think its generally expected/typical that when in your 20s though, prior to wife/kids/marriage/etc., it is a great time to keep exploring whether it is Pittsburgh or somewhere else.

Well, hope you give us another update if you view the forum/thread again.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:17 PM

363 posts, read 440,517 times
What about the girl???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick