Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 05:34 PM

13 posts, read 60,972 times

Advertisements

We are told that there is a new community off of Rufe Snow Dr in North Richland Hills, called 'Graham Ranch'. Any one have any suggestions on this area and subdivision. Looks like it is built by many local custom builders. I do not know much about this place or neighborhood and not sure what all is up that area? how about crime stats? Need to know what to stay away from. Appreciate any thoughts or info on this

(We do not have kids yet, but plan to have in a year or so )

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,619,031 times
I've driven through/by there many times.

It's a large section of land in the middle of other, mostly older, developments that was bought, I think from one family who owned the acreage. It sits right between Chapman and Hightower and people use the streets through it as a cut through to get to and from the elementary school on Hightower and the Middle school a little further north. There is also a large park just down the street on Chapman that people cut through to get to. If they don't eventually make it a gated community then there will continue to be lots of cut through traffic.

There are several homes already built scattered thoughout the development that have been there for quite some time now. None have been occupied at this point from what I can tell. Most seem to be 2 story, brick/stone with some nice features on the outside such as turrets. I'd guess they were anywhere from 2000 sq ft to perhaps 4000 sq ft. They do seem to be very close to each other and have very little yard though it's still hard to tell since there's only a handful constructed.

There is a drill site directly to the west of it, though the drill rig itself is no longer there. There is also a house with some land that has cows on it right on the north west corner off Graham Ranch.

There are tract homes north, and south of there. There are some older homes with lots of land to the east, some of which have horses. There are many other types of homes nearby....garden homes, small mansions and even duplexes.

In a way it seems out of place, then again the developers might have had the intention of making an oasis in the middle of the area, however it's certainly not that just now.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,911,348 times
one of the builders there Elite Homes is really a top-notch builder--long time local guy and his wife (she is really the brains -- was in real estate and wanted to build a better home than the ones she was selling)
they do a very energy efficient home--right now I think he has at least one built there with foam insulation
he has built in NRH HomeTown and a development they started off McClain Rd and precinct rd n of Thornbridge called Reatta--we looked there before it was built out but thought the houses were too much for our money and the lots did not give lot of privacy....part of the lots back up to stable that is there which is a real turn off and part of the lots back up to a radar tower--looks like a flat-top mushroom--like the one at the entrance to DFW airport...
we looked at Graham ranch and the lots are small--less than .25 acre == no native trees--and houses are two story with not lot of privacy in back yard because of the overlook...
he is also bulding in Keller in Bourland Oaks--north of 1709--to me that is more attractive area but homes are probably a little more pricey--and I don't think they are that much larger...

I don't know about the traffic in Graham Ranch--what the other person said could very well be true--this development WON'T go to gated probably because then the homeowners become responsible for maintenance of all streets--too expensive for HOA dues to cover I think--plus don't think they can be grandfathered in after the subdivision is platted and passed by the city...
Don't remember who the other builders are but Elite builds a good house...as far as any builder does...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth