Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:37 AM

7 posts, read 10,414 times

Advertisements

I am trying to get my husband to move to TX. I really want to be out west and live on a large pc of land not far from town and about 20 minutes from major shopping and of course a Super Walmart.lol. I have been doing some research ,but have found more honest info coming from the forums on here. I have 2 kids and I need good schools. When it comes to my kids , I am very picky. I am a school bus driver, so I would also like to drive for whatever district my kids go to...this would be an added bonus for me.
My husband works for FedEx and I'm not sure where the nearest hub is for him to commute to. I was thinking no more than 30 minutes for him, but if anyone knows where the hub is, please let me know. Thanks
I like honest , outspoken ppl... so any advice would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 11:35 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,780,620 times
Frankly, you can google around and find out where the FedEx hubs are. Once you find some that would seem to be well located to you, come back and tell us where they are and ask about communities that might work for you. Don't expect us to do that kind of research! You'll get all that on the worldwide web.

Here in the DFW area, we suffer incredible traffic snarls in all directions, so anyone wanting quality time with family needs to plan work commutes to coincide with living pretty close to the job. We are not part of the Western US but we are Central.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM

25,202 posts, read 11,598,506 times
Everyone wants a tract of land within the amenities of city life and schools and a job to boot:>)
Have your husband find out which hub he can transfer to. Then get on Google to get a feel for distances here. 30 minutes is not a commute - it means you live close by. Know your budget and consider the immediate additional costs from curtains to septic tank problems. Yes, there is no state income tax but there is real estate tax which can run past 3%. Are you ready for 110F in summer and 20F in winter and constant wind?
Give us some real questions and you are likely to get real answers.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 PM

540 posts, read 1,112,112 times
afaik, the fedex ground hub in this area is in Hutchins...which is basically Dallas where I-20 and I-45 intersect.

So really...you'ld be on the Dallas side of the metroplex and not Fort Worth.

Can he transfer there?

What is a "large piece of land" to you? For some people, that's 1 acre. For others, it's 100 acres.

What would your budget be?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 AM

7 posts, read 10,414 times
I would just like to let the first two posters know... I have tried to research the FEDEX hubs.. and I get a lot of FedEx-Kinkos popping up..I think you should read my post again.. I was very polite in asking if anyone knew of one. I don't need you to research it for me !. I figured if someone lived in or around one..they could let me know.. I live in NY ..therefore.. TX is "out west" for me. Here in NY living 30 minutes from your job can take anywhere from 45minutes to an hour ...sometimes more depending on traffic and weather..so 30 minutes was a starting point. I own property here and it's less than a 1/4 of an acre and pay 10k per year in property tax...I'm sure I can handle your property taxes. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I was in the first two posters.Texas_nightowl.. I was looking for the Express location..Ground is something different ( those guys own their own routes along with home delivery)..but I appreciate the info...when I think Large, yes 3-4 acres would be very nice...lol... don't think I want to go all out my first time in TX. My husband can transfer and so can I.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:50 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,780,620 times
Ok, I will try and be more helpful. I googled and it seems there is a FedEx Express hub in the Alliance corridor. For you, wanting land and good schools the places I recommend would be Northwest, Roanoke or Saginaw school districts. So i would look in Roanoke and Azle. Also check out Trophy Club, tho that is more pricey and others complain there is only one street from TC to major highways so traffic can become frustrating there. Another good place but a bit more of a Commute is Argyle.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 AM

440 posts, read 872,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Ok, I will try and be more helpful. I googled and it seems there is a FedEx Express hub in the Alliance corridor. For you, wanting land and good schools the places I recommend would be Northwest, Roanoke or Saginaw school districts. So i would look in Roanoke and Azle. Also check out Trophy Club, tho that is more pricey and others complain there is only one street from TC to major highways so traffic can become frustrating there. Another good place but a bit more of a Commute is Argyle.
Never going to get acreage in Trophy Club.....half acre at most...BTW TC has more than one road onto a major road...traffic is fine particularly now alot of the roadwork's is opening up and moving traffic quicker...to the OP...Roanoke Azle and Justin and Northlake might fit the bill...NW ISD is very good and building addtional schools as we speak...don't go just on school ratings for that district as alot are less than 5 yrs old and rankings are only just being made available...go and actually take a look if you move down here.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:31 PM

540 posts, read 1,112,112 times
Yes, it appears the Express hub is at Alliance airport.

Source: FedEx Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You'll definitely be looking at far north Tarrant County or southern Denton and Wise counties. Northwest ISD is a large district...234 sq. miles!

About NISD / About NISD
Northwest Independent School District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would say that is the general area you will want to target.

You still haven't mentioned your budget? But here are some sample listings from realtor.com

14225 Old Denton Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76262 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
298 Red Baron Dr, Rhome, TX 76078 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
733 Kincannon Ln, Rhome, TX 76078 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
6275 Faught Rd, Northlake, TX 76226 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
6136 Ranch Rd, Justin, TX 76247 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
928 Skyline Dr, Argyle, TX 76226 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
1301 Mount Gilead Rd, Keller, TX 76262 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®
1012 Burchbury Trl, Argyle, TX 76226 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Anyone know anything about the Ponder and Krum ISD's? House wise (realtor.com) there looked to be several options there too but I know nothing about those ISD's.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 AM

11,915 posts, read 27,107,171 times
We really need to know the budget here... I would say the Alliance hub would have nicer land in a close proximity, but it's also going to be more expensive than land near Hutchins for obvious reasons.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 AM

25,202 posts, read 11,598,506 times
Alliance/Haslet has skyrocketed since the Amazon center moved in and the first of three schools on Willow Springs/Blue Mound opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth