Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 10:54 AM

11,866 posts, read 26,910,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcool4u View Post
Like I said .. I have been doing my research and I did come across a couple of pcs of property with 2 HOMES or additional acerage with an additional HOME on it... geez .. they are out there.. and the're NOT mobile or module homes either.
WHERE are these properties? How far will the commute to Alliance be for your husband?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 11:22 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,650,139 times
Quote:
My budget for a home is MAX 275k .. I want property and possibly a second home on the property for my parents.
And I want flying Unicorns that poop gold and deep ITM stock options. Sadly, I have yet to find one.

Quote:
I am willing to look in any are around Dallas/ Fort Worth that has good school districts. I see a ton of homes for sale, but the schools don't get great ratings.
Yes, and there is the obvious reason for that - areas with good to excellent schools will be more in demand and generally outside of your price range.

With all due respect, you appear to have unrealistic expecations. You want a decent sized house on 3-4 acres(?!?!), preferably with a "guest house" on the land as well, that's within a reasonable distance of shopping (which I assume is not just a "Super Wal-Mart") and not an excessive commute for your husband, with good schools to boot. For under 275K. Which should happen because...it's Texas and you think it should be that way? Because you've "seen" these houses listed, although on further review they fail one or more of your criteria?

I wish you the best of luck, but you probably need to reassess what you can reasonably find and then prioritize the items on your wish list. 275K can get you quite a bit in DFW, but probably not everything that you're looking for.

ETA - there are homes in great school districts for 275K and under...but they'll be on lots that are under a quarter acre in Richardson or Plano. Closer to Alliance there are properties in Keller but again, we're talking houses in subdivisions with small lots. I'll defer to others re: Argyle ISD.

Last edited by synchronicity; 12-02-2013 at 11:40 AM..

Old 12-02-2013, 11:40 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,703,066 times
These are in good schools. You could probably find things similar and then modify the barn/workshop if there are utilities for guest quarters added on, the house would need updating too. It would take funds, but there are properties with additional buildings that you could possibly use as a foundation to renovate.

6400 Fm 1886, Azle, TX 76020 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

325 Ash Creek Dr W, Azle, TX 76020 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Old 12-02-2013, 11:54 AM

24,637 posts, read 10,968,622 times
Quote:
Like I said .. I have been doing my research and I did come across a couple of pcs of property with 2 HOMES or additional acerage with an additional HOME on it... geez .. they are out there.. and the're NOT mobile or module homes either.
OK - share the MLS or link and we can give you the bad and the ugly about the individual property. There are things to be considered which are very specific to Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth