Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,050 times

Advertisements

Recent college graduate moving from Michigan to Fort Worth area, looking for recommendations for which areas to live in. I will be working for Lockheed either on the west side of Fort Worth or around Grand Prairie (they aren't sure yet).

I was hoping for less than $800 a month in rent and less than 25-30 minute drive to work. Being a recent grad I'm interested in going out and meeting people my age (20-23). I like to go to bars, so I was thinking either downtown or the TCU area.

I also like to work out and do outdoor type of activities (hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, etc.). Would downtown/uptown FW or the TCU area meet my needs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 04:43 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
You aren't going to get into the downtown area for $800 a month. Not even close...Unless you get a roommate. TCU area will be much better for the money.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,050 times
Are there nice apartments in the TCU area? I'm a bit over the crappy college houses/apts and looking for something a bit nice. I'm from Ann Arbor and $800-900 will get you something nice here.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 AM

683 posts, read 824,628 times
I don't think you will be able to find anything around the TCU area for less than $800.00 a month either.
The more I think about it there isn't much in Ft. Worth in that range anywhere other than the little crack house neighborhoods. In my opinion, outside of the loop (820) is always better from the south / west side around to the north. I would push your new employer to give you the verdict so you can plan your move. To me, GP has always seemed like a dirty industrial type city and I have my dislikes about Arlington as well for other reasons. It's probably one of those ford / chevy things with me but I have always liked the west side of Ft. Worth the best. TCU area or west of the cultural district would be a great place to live but those areas tend to be more pricey. Any hunting would have to be done outside the city so we all have to drive somewhere for that but you would have 3 lakes to fish and plenty of hiking areas around the west side. I know a few property managers / realtors who may be able to help, if interested send me a pm.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 AM

The area I can think of with housing in that price is Fossil Creek. It's along Beach Street and north 820. Quite a few young professionals live there due to its proximity to the big call centers in the area. It's an easy drive to the LM facility. There's not much nightlife, but it's a short drive to downtown.

If they put you in Grand Prairie, look at apartments along 360. There is a large group at Bear Creek just north of 183 that are nice.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM

I checked around downtown, and the Electric Building has its smallest apartment for $825 plus utilities and parking. Www.hebuding.com

Old 05-10-2012, 06:01 PM

18 posts, read 28,083 times
I'd say there can be something available for you...it's just a matter of what you can and can't live with/without.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth