Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:12 AM

31 posts, read 126,734 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2006, 11:55 AM

144 posts, read 825,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom
Wow, maybe that is why I heard someone say that they call it Cape Communist...this is not a joke.

Nope not a joke. If you have paper lying in your driveway too long they will come to your door and tell you to remove them or face a fine.

Cape Communist is right....there was at one time a law that wouldn't allow you to park your pickup truck in your own driveway nor could you park work trucks ( with or without lettering) in your driveway as well...dont' know if these are still on the books or were reversed.

Dont' get me wrong...the Cape used to be a nice place to live...it used to be safe to ride your bike from Denny's on Del Prado to the Coralwood Mall. ( I grew up in that area) but now I wouldn't dare try it..it's not worth the risk. I used ride the Lee Tran bus to the Mall all the time...now you wouldn't catch me going there alone anytime of the day.

I understand that growth happens and things change but man..this city can't handle the growth or the change at all. When looking at homes find out what your out of pocket expense will be for the dual water supply that you will be FORCED to pay for if its not already hooked up to the home. You have no choice in this matter...either you pay it in full...take a loan from the city or have a lein filed on your home. We are talking 20K-40K depending on where you live in the Cape.

Just about everyone I know who's been there for yrs is selling and getting out...they are making their easy money on their homes which were dirt cheap to buy and build and most of them are mortage free and are walking away with profits from $200K -$300K. The sad thing is that that money isn't being put back into the Cape or into Lee County..they are taking their money north.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,893 times
Smile Cape Coral Is One Of The Best Places To Live!!

Cape Coral is one of the best places to live I have a vacation home there i was planing to retired there but i wait until my daughter finished high school
(my big mistake) because now she is in college but living at home and don't want to move to Cape coral.But i can tell you for sure Cape coral is a great place to raise a family is true is a little expensive but not much is you like peace nice whether boating this is paradise.
my homeowners insurance is only $1.500 i just got the bill this is a bargain compare for what I pay in miami $5.500

Old 02-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issprings View Post
Cape Coral is one of the best places to live I have a vacation home there i was planing to retired there but i wait until my daughter finished high school
(my big mistake) because now she is in college but living at home and don't want to move to Cape coral.But i can tell you for sure Cape coral is a great place to raise a family is true is a little expensive but not much is you like peace nice whether boating this is paradise.
my homeowners insurance is only $1.500 i just got the bill this is a bargain compare for what I pay in miami $5.500

So..you've never raised a family there and never lived there year round? You have no clue about living in Cape Coral. Your daughter is one smart cookie!!

It's not expensive as it is over priced for what you're getting...you're not getting much on the Cape unless you like paying for traffic and crime and commerical building.

Read the New Press...the Cape is full of crime...chock full of it.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 PM

59 posts, read 88,206 times
I live in Southeast Cape and it isn't bad, where I am, there is no crime, but that is not true for all of Cape, but try Cape Coral for two weeks to a month and decide if you want to live there or not. This is the best advice I can give you.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:59 PM

16 posts, read 71,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridan34210 View Post
I live in Southeast Cape and it isn't bad, where I am, there is no crime, but that is not true for all of Cape, but try Cape Coral for two weeks to a month and decide if you want to live there or not. This is the best advice I can give you.
how is sw around 28th st ?

Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Yes. It is that bad and yes there is crime in your area..the whole city is full of crime.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 PM

42 posts, read 254,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Punta Gorda has alot of affordable developments. Deep Creek is very nice and well maintained with nice pieces of property with great homes. The area is growing nicely with alot of young families. Taxes are well below Ft. Myers and Cape Coral as well as the home prices.
This is true. Deep Creek is very nice but 4 bedrooms are hard to come by. I think you could find something in your price range though. We're just about to list but have a 3BR.

As mentioned, the taxes are reasonable compared to Ft. Myers and/or Sarasota. It's a nice little pocket.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milabs View Post
Yes. It is that bad and yes there is crime in your area..the whole city is full of crime.
Milabs, the city is not that bad. Yes, there are bad parts and there are good parts. Where I live is good and don't tell me it's not because I know it's good. I don't know where you live, but if you live in the Cape and you hate it this much, then do the people who like the city a favor and leave!

Old 02-16-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSandiego View Post
how is sw around 28th st ?
From what I understand by some friends, SW around 28th St. is not bad either, but if you go into some of the north parts, it's gets a little worse. And please, ignore the people who post bad things about the Cape, Cape Coral is not that bad. You just have to choose you area and your neighborhood wisely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area