Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:54 AM

28 posts, read 147,040 times

Advertisements

My husband and I spent a week in Ft Myers in Dec. and loved it! Now we are bringing the kids for a vacation. What are some fun things for 2 girls (ages 11 and 7) to do? We thought we would check out the Imaginarium, Shell Factory, Sanibel Beaches. Any other ideas would be welcome! Does anybody know of any festivals going on in that area between 3/15 and 3/23? Thanks in advance for your replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 10:49 AM

128 posts, read 648,694 times
You may want to check out Cape Coral Sun-Splash a large water park in north Cape Coral. Google Fort Myers Newspress you may be able to find more about activites in that time frame I can't think of any.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 20,708 times
Fort Myers is great - We have visited a few times from Nottingham UK. Take the kids up to the very north of the island and look for the tortoises/turtles that live in the holes.
Rent a boat and take a picknick, do a little fishing off the pier, go to lovers key Much nicer and easier to park than Sanibel) and see the wildlife and shells. Most evenings by the pier there is some entertainment. Rent some bikes and cycle along the beach. Best thing about FMB is that you can have a great time just sat on the Beach. If you want a ride out to somewhere different to eat try Buffalo Chips at Bonita Springs. Great cheap food. Go manatee and Dolphin watching in the back Bay. Wish I was there now!!!! DD

Old 02-25-2008, 11:50 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,494,033 times
Jump down to Naples also there are beautiful beaches, lots of parks, sometimes you can find festivals, the everglades, Teco arena is in Estero that has ice skating, and you can watch a hockey game for cheap and they usually have water skiing shows on the lake there. Lots to do!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:15 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,939,274 times
Here are a few ideas for things to do in Ft Myers. (http://www.fortmyers.org/attractions.htm - broken link) There's also the Swamp Buggy Races in March out at the Florida Sports Park.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM

172 posts, read 946,342 times
The Reading Festival is on the 15th! That's always pretty fun! Plus, I'm sure you can find some sort of St. Patrick's Day celebration. Go to the Fort Myers News-Press website and click on calendar. There will be a list of events for each day you're here! You could also check into going to Charlotte county for a day. Fishermen's Village is a cute little shopping area. Oh, and check out Mike Greenwell's for mini golf and go karting. It's right down the road from Sun Splash. There's also the Minnesota Twins and Boston Red Sox spring training games. I don't know if there are any tickets available but it's worth checking out!

You may want to stay away from Fort Myers Beach during this time because it will be Spring Break for the colleges and the traffic is ATROCIOUS. Getting over the bridge can take upwards of an hour. Plus, parking is a beast and it gets to be too crowded. Just a warning!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 AM

28 posts, read 147,040 times
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! It seems like we will have plenty of things to do. That reading festival looks awesome!!! Thanks again!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:51 PM

155 posts, read 1,053,380 times
Goto Sanibel Island Beaches great shelling for kids, as well as dolphin sightings in Gulf beautifull. Head down to Naples ZOO just about 1 hour south of Ft Myers great zoo. You can take a boat ride tour the kids will love it, and so will you!!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:23 PM

13 posts, read 84,053 times
Default Fun things for the Kids

Ok, thats Easter week. The day before, there will be all kinds of egg hunts....And yes the kids do it at 12!!! look in the News Press (on line)and see what is going on. The Edison house (maybe it will be decorated special). There is the skating arena..There are several theatre's that have kid oriented plays (one is dubbed the Ice Cream theatre). Check out events at Lakes Pk. in Ft. Myers.....off hwy 41. I would bet they would have an egg hunt, and more. There is an ice skating rink in ft. Myers, and one in Estero (Germain). The Naples Zoo is just 45 min down I-75. The Conservatory in Naples. If you are out and about, and see the FREE magazines, Parent & Child, Neopolitan 50 (or their one for parents and kids), in the back are calendars. For Lee and Collier counties. All of our parks have so many kid oriented things. Naples has a SMALL water park..just a couple of slides and a lazy river, but its cheap....about $14. North Naples Regional pk...off Livingston rd. Just across the Lee cnty line. But really, check out our newspapers because most everything to do is posted.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:27 PM

13 posts, read 84,053 times
Default to nursemomWALDORF????

Hi,, I posted a reply about your trip....then, after it posted, noticed the WALDORF. Ha, I'm a former W. teacher....kids went too. Where are you coming from (ie what school)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area