Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:37 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,522,740 times

Advertisements

This person gave a report on what he saw on his fact-finding trip. He looked from Naples to North Fort Myers. I knew that he probably meant Golden Gate right away. If you travel to a new place, after awhile all of the communities names start to run together. No big deal. By his description I could kind of tell what he meant. And further, who cares?

And what is this about a Florida law and air conditioning? I've never heard of it. I could be wrong but this is a new one on me.

I think the guy was dead on with his observations and is doing fine on his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 06:33 AM

3 posts, read 4,295 times
Hey , listen to me!! I'm not a realtor. But I lived here in Naples for 35 years. Lee county north of estero sucks!! If u like going to the beach there isnt one in estero. Move to collier county. Best place in America , all u got in estero is the coconut point mall. That gets boring quick. Collier county has better amenities, hands down !! Parks , beaches, tennis , golf, dining , the arts, and more . When ever I leave on bussiness or vacation , I can't wait to get back to Naples . It has a wonderful charm and beauty . Rent for one year down in olde Naples you'll never leave. Craigslist is a good place to start.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:49 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,117,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas34103 View Post
Hey , listen to me!! I'm not a realtor. But I lived here in Naples for 35 years. Lee county north of estero sucks!! If u like going to the beach there isnt one in estero. Move to collier county. Best place in America , all u got in estero is the coconut point mall. That gets boring quick. Collier county has better amenities, hands down !! Parks , beaches, tennis , golf, dining , the arts, and more . When ever I leave on bussiness or vacation , I can't wait to get back to Naples . It has a wonderful charm and beauty . Rent for one year down in olde Naples you'll never leave. Craigslist is a good place to start.

ran a search for gulf access properties in Naples and Cape Coral under $500,000 in Naples there was 1 short sale and that's it. In Cape Coral there were 437 gulf access homes available. I see lee county beaches, Sanibel and Captiva often on countries best beaches list. but I'm pretty openminded, tell me what you think is the best beach in Naples and we'll compare it to Cayo Costa (in Lee County) next time I'm down there.

Cape Coral is a boating community , not an art mecca it's just how it is. The fact that you like art and I like to fish doesn't make your area better, just better for you. I'm glad you think the tennis courts in Naples are so nice

Old 09-21-2011, 06:08 PM

145 posts, read 568,047 times
Douglas and NHKEV

Very good posts thanks. It's nice to get different views.
I enjoyed Fort-Myers, Cape Coral and Naples a lot while down there.
As of now it's Cape Coral as it matches my pocketbook better. We can get a nice home over there in a nice neighborhood for $150 or under right now.
We go to the beach once in a while, it's not our number one past time, I enjoy fishing too but again I won't spend my whole time off doing that.
We would probably rent a boat once in a while but wouldn't own one.
I do enjoy tropical plants and trees and belong to several societies, this is what I really enjoy, with that we would like to spend more time by the pool with some chilled sparkling wine and a nice meal with friends or just us.
We enjoy shopping and going out for dinner too.
Other than that I truly enjoy being in my home and watching movies, Play video games (yes I am 44 Y.O., men never grow up ), build models and surf the web.
But yes if I could afford it I would of course consider Naples or Fiddlesticks in Fort-Myers.

Thanks again

Patrick

Old 09-21-2011, 11:29 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,522,740 times
Excellent choice, Patrick!

Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 AM

145 posts, read 568,047 times
And it should be $150k home not $150. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area