Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 PM
kar kar started this thread

179 posts, read 754,089 times

Advertisements

I thought you all would like to read this. As a former resident of the area it makes me very sad.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/world...in&oref=slogin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 01:39 PM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 174,123 times
Default See what I mean???

I have been saying this for the last bunch of posts I put on here... Florida is just not getting any better, it's very discouraging to be here. I have seen so many for sale signs here with "reduced" on most of thm in Cape Coral. It's been like this for ovr a year, it's nothing new... But everyone argues as to how this is a "paradise" ya I think not... Paradise lost as it is becoming, it's not the same old Florida. Hell retirees can't afford to live here anymore, only the wealthy......

Old 08-15-2007, 02:12 PM

458 posts, read 599,138 times
This is what the housing bubble bloggers were saying would happen...except they made their predictions 3 years ago.

The main stream media is always years behind major trends.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
What is sad is that there are families trying to make it in Cape Coral & Fort Myers. There are probably people who have just recently bought there without doing a lot of homework. The area is anything but appealing. I find it sad for those who are there & have to stay there due to circumstances or may even like it there & see the crap hole the area is swiftly turning into.

I saw a report on CNN about 2 months ago stating Fort Myers as having the worst housing slump in the country.

The thing is that this mess is going to effect more than just those in SW FL.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,224 times
perfect example of something people should read if they have disillusioned dreams of what florida is, white beaches, drinks in hand days in the sun.. Yah try more like that article.. thats about right

Old 08-15-2007, 02:44 PM

75 posts, read 404,532 times
I know of several homes (more than 70) brand new construction and 1900 plus square feet by one builder that you can get for around $85 to $90 per square foot. I built my first house in Orlando 10 years ago for $74 and 1954 square feet. Definitely a good time to buy if you can find someone to rent. I hear time and time again in most posts here that people are choosing to rent so it would stand to reason that might be a decent investment. I can't imagine new home prices going much lower than that but who knows anymore.

Great article...thanks for the info

Old 08-15-2007, 05:52 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRiddle View Post
I know of several homes (more than 70) brand new construction and 1900 plus square feet by one builder that you can get for around $85 to $90 per square foot. I built my first house in Orlando 10 years ago for $74 and 1954 square feet. Definitely a good time to buy if you can find someone to rent. I hear time and time again in most posts here that people are choosing to rent so it would stand to reason that might be a decent investment. I can't imagine new home prices going much lower than that but who knows anymore.

The stock market is crashing, homes are crashing, jobs are lost. yeah, this is a great time to spend cash. If its such a great deal why tell everyone! you should be buying up all the so called great time to buy deals. Kool-aid anyone?

Last edited by firemed; 08-15-2007 at 06:22 PM..

Old 08-15-2007, 08:40 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
[quote=firemed;1288417]The stock market is crashing, homes are crashing, jobs are lost. yeah, this is a great time to rent

Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 PM

458 posts, read 599,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRiddle View Post

Your logic is reversed. People are choosing to rent because of the mess real estate is in, the risk that it will drop, and because they can choose from tons of cheap rentals.

So you think that is the reason people should buy? Oh well, like they say, fog a mirror and you can become a realtor.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,178 times
ahhh, another disguised RE bubble thread : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area