Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:06 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times

Advertisements

No shoveling snow, scraping ice off your windshield, slipping on ice, raking leaves, opening and closing your pool, winterizing your boat,wearing heavy winter coats and putting on snowboots.
I like warm balmy breezes at night, more sunshine, swimming most of the year, boating all year, many parks, many places to go just a short drive away, lower cost of living, convenient airport location, the wildlife, mostly friendly people, lots of shopping and restaurants, spring training baseball, my water view. I love Cape Coral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 AM

3 posts, read 6,944 times
For me
:
1.nice weather
2.can go fishing
3.low cost for living
4 low prices of properties and etc.
5.to enjoy the beach
6 the sun
7.access to water everywhere
8.to be out of the big towns
9.rivers
10.shopping
11.flora and fauna
12.no snow
13.fresh foods
14.the people-friendly

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 11-24-2010 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: orphaned quote

Old 11-25-2010, 05:44 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,677 times
My son and his wife were down for a visit and wanted to hit a couple of clubs on sat night.Not wanting to drive,I dropped them off in downtown ft Myers and they'd get a cab later. I had the opinion that downtown could be trouble at night but I was surprised.Streets were packed with people from 20's to 70's.Music,dancing,drinking and everyone having fun.Really looked like a happy and fun scene........wifey and I will definately give it a try one of these nights.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:06 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
My son and his wife were down for a visit and wanted to hit a couple of clubs on sat night.Not wanting to drive,I dropped them off in downtown ft Myers and they'd get a cab later. I had the opinion that downtown could be trouble at night but I was surprised.Streets were packed with people from 20's to 70's.Music,dancing,drinking and everyone having fun.Really looked like a happy and fun scene........wifey and I will definately give it a try one of these nights.
That's great to know. It use to be the very young that frequented clubs down there and during the day it was fairly "dead." If downtown is finally attracting all age groups that is fantastic in numerous ways.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:58 PM

357 posts, read 783,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That's great to know. It use to be the very young that frequented clubs down there and during the day it was fairly "dead." If downtown is finally attracting all age groups that is fantastic in numerous ways.
i have def. noticed downtown becoming more livelier. I think they did a great job cleaning it up down there. It looks very european to me with all the brick and the restruants on the side streets. hopefully this Fort Myers approves Caloosahatchee River expansion - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida will help even more.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
If you've got a solid job that you're happy with then life is great in SWFL. Lee County Unincorporate, McGregor, Estero, Bonita, and certain parts of the Cape are great to live.

Was back home this weekend for my wedding/honeymoon. We stayed out on Sanibel and putzed around the island all week. Beach, mopeding, biking, and riding waverunners are a great way to pass the time :-)

Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,094,009 times
Congrats on your wedding, I wish you many happy years.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:46 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
Congrats on your wedding, I wish you many happy years.
Thanks nhkev, life is good! We went from the our beachside condo on Sanibel with sunny weather in the 80's yesterday to a slopeside condo in Park City Utah in the 10's today. At least this afternoon will bring sunshine and a beautiful day of skiing, it might get into the 20's :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area