Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 08:05 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,638,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.ric View Post
is there a way to distinguish better parts of PP? i found it to be confusing just looking at a map because it stretches so far and bumps up to CC... but also shows north & south along 75. sometimes addresses that i thought were cooper come up at pembroke, etc...

thanks for that note - monterra is beautiful and definitely not discounting it. its actually our fav style home
In your price range, I don't know why you would look at Pembroke Pines over anything Cooper City has to offer if you are considering kids in the future.

If you want to look at Pines, the general rule of thumb west of Flamingo. There is definitely a lot out there, nice houses, too. I think Monterra comes at a bit of a premium. If you want a pool, bigger yard, etc.. you may not like it. You'll get more for your money in west Pines and even Embassy Lakes or Rock Creek.

Cooper City has a lot of non-HOA areas as well where you can get an ok size yard and a lot more house for your money. But the houses are older. You just need to get out and look, as you may end up finding a nice Cooper City house for $350k and find it perfect for you. Never know. The going rate for 3 and 4 bedroom homes in the non-HOA areas of Cooper City is sub-$400k - with pools, great schools, etc.

Pembroke Pines starts at Sheridan street. Cooper City is north of Sheridan, Pines is South. That should make it easier. I wouldn't look at anything east of Flamingo in Pines, personally. Especially with your budget and the types of places you are looking at. Zillow also makes it very easy to see the schools for a property. Just click on a property where you are considering, scroll down and click "Nearby Schools" and you'll see what it's zoned for.

Rock Creek: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...43232522_zpid/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 10:30 AM

8 posts, read 5,332 times
I did a quick search of the MLS and found several options in the Vitoria Park area in your price range and your other criteria. I live locally in the Fort Lauderdale Beach area and absolutely love it here. I say if you can handle the commute, why leave your dream place. Fort Lauderdale is booming market with tons of more growing potential to happen. I also looked over in close by neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale west of Victoria Park. Found a a lot of affordable prices in nice neighborhoods, such as, Tarpon River, Croissant Park, River Oaks. I have good friends that just moved into this neighborhood.

Just a personal preference for Victoria park: Love these town homes- 822 NE 7th Unit#H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area