Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:45 PM

240 posts, read 262,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSage View Post
I'd move but the stupidly high cost of living in Fort Lauderdale impedes my ability to save a lot of money at once. As soon as I am able I am out of this severely crowded overpopulated overdeveloped over congested miserably hot hell hole. I'm sure though that some sucker is just waiting with baited breath to get my apartment. Fine by me. They can have at it in this so called "tropical paradise". Don't come crying to me when you discover the realities of this worthless region.
Many people feel this way-you are not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 07:50 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,432,117 times
Quote:
Portland, Oregon
I visited some time ago and was amazed! People use their turn signals! Everyone speaks english! The main highway isn't a scene out of Fast and Furious! and it's a very very young city.
I'd move but the stupidly high cost of living in Fort Lauderdale impedes my ability to save a lot of money at once. As soon as I am able I am out of this severely crowded overpopulated overdeveloped over congested miserably hot hell hole. I'm sure though that some sucker is just waiting with baited breath to get my apartment. Fine by me. They can have at it in this so called "tropical paradise". Don't come crying to me when you discover the realities of this worthless region.
Portland, Oregon has pristine beaches? Year-round sunny warm weather? Access to all major pro sports? I think not.. It sounds like you are suffering from the infamous "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome, believe me it is not always greener on the other side..

Old 09-10-2016, 12:42 PM

33 posts, read 25,562 times
Lol year round sunny weather. More like buy 10 pallets of cases of sunscreen so your skin isn't burning and peeling off year round from the wretched scorching heat. It's not warm, more like lava temperature year round.

And yes Portland has beaches they are on the lakes and rivers. They also have these mysterious things called !MOUNTAINS! And people aren't looking to take advantage of you, the highways aren't free for alls, nobody is bragging about their fake rented yacht. And, best of all, the chicks are down to earth, so you don't have to be a billionaire to have any success there

Believe me the first chance I get I am bailing. The landlord can rent my apartment to the next gullible sucker thinking they are going to be vacationing on the beaches in the "warm" I mean scorching hot weather "year round". *facepalm*

Old 09-10-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Lol .. year round sunny weather. More like buy 10 pallets of cases of sunscreen so your skin isn't burning and peeling off year round from the wretched scorching heat. It's not warm, more like lava temperature year round.

And yes Portland has beaches they are on the lakes and rivers. They also have these mysterious things called !MOUNTAINS! And people aren't looking to take advantage of you, the highways aren't free-for-alls, nobody is bragging about their fake rented yacht. And, best of all, the chicks are down to earth, so you don't have to be a billionaire to have any success there.

Believe me the first chance I get I am bailing. The landlord can rent my apartment to the next gullible sucker thinking they are going to be vacationing on the beaches in the "warm" I mean scorching hot weather "year round".
Like I said, I agree with some of your comments. This is the reason why I started this topic. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:18 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
And, best of all, the chicks are down to earth, so you don't have to be a billionaire to have any success there
Totally. They are poor, broke, and complain about "republicans" all day. And the Portland chicks are fantastic if you have an armpit hair fetish.

Quote:
Believe me the first chance I get I am bailing. The landlord can rent my apartment to the next gullible sucker thinking they are going to be vacationing on the beaches in the "warm" I mean scorching hot weather "year round". *facepalm*
Legit, I laugh at your comment. I DO vacation on the beaches at least every other week. It's as simple as jumping in the car and heading to the beach. Or I take my wave runner and hit up the islands in Biscayne Bay, where there is trees and shade. I'll have lunch under the trees, go for a swim in the clear water, and catch up on some work under the blue sky. Have fun in Portland... I heard it's great...... Lol.

There is nothing "gullible" about thinking you can vacation year round in Florida. It's a matter of perspective, motivation, and simply wanting it. Tomorrow I'll be laying out by my pool while the kiddos play, horrible, horrible!!!!

Old 09-11-2016, 11:20 AM

389 posts, read 662,717 times
Oregon does have some outstanding microbreweries and legalized weed, so Portland is certainly a great place to get intoxicated!

Old 09-11-2016, 01:21 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Quote:
Portland, Oregon
I visited some time ago and was amazed! People use their turn signals! Everyone speaks english! The main highway isn't a scene out of Fast and Furious! and it's a very very young city.
Did you check out the cost of living of Portland compared to Fort Lauderdale? Portland's appears to be "stupidly" higher.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
They are poor, broke, and complain about "republicans" all day. And the Portland chicks are fantastic if you have an armpit hair fetish.
Good one amigo!

Old 09-11-2016, 06:16 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ANSWER:

Change is inevitable. Its going to get more crowded, and its going to look a whole lot less like the 'traditional America' of the past that's depicted in the Rockwell paintings. By this I mean that culturally it will continue to change as different people from all over the place come here---ergo, it will be a whole lot less white, and far fewer people here will be speaking English in the not too distant future.

The demographics of the American population is changing, so what??? America was NEVER like a Norman Rockwell painting ... that was a sweet nostalgic myth people cling to.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:40 PM

33 posts, read 25,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Totally. They are poor, broke, and complain about "republicans" all day. And the Portland chicks are fantastic if you have an armpit hair fetish.

Legit, I laugh at your comment. I DO vacation on the beaches at least every other week. It's as simple as jumping in the car and heading to the beach. Or I take my wave runner and hit up the islands in Biscayne Bay, where there is trees and shade. I'll have lunch under the trees, go for a swim in the clear water, and catch up on some work under the blue sky. Have fun in Portland... I heard it's great...... Lol.

There is nothing "gullible" about thinking you can vacation year round in Florida. It's a matter of perspective, motivation, and simply wanting it. Tomorrow I'll be laying out by my pool while the kiddos play, horrible, horrible!!!!
The fatal flaw you forgot is that a good portion of the year it is thunder storming. What do you do then??? LOL you guys are so lucky a hurricane hasn't come in recent years...Have fun in Portland??? How about you have fun cleaning up the wreckage of your flooded house and green swimming pool. I hear FPL delivers WORLD CLASS customer service during outages HAHAHA. Okay I have to stop this is too much hilarity for me.

Except, I'm not a beach person. Nor do I care for pro league sports so neither of those do anything for me.

Id take armpit hair any day over pretentiousness, implants, "tanned" hides, and hair extensions. At least I know the armpit hair is real!!! And the chicks here are broke too. Their selling point is their fake boobage and....hmm....nothing else. Apparently looks are the whole portfolio in that regard. Yes I'd take armpit hair any day over a superficial mooch who thinks their looks entitle them to the world And by the way south Florida is one of the biggest STD infestation centers worldwide. Ew!!!!!

Last edited by SereneSage; 09-11-2016 at 08:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area