Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 05:37 PM

240 posts, read 262,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Fort lauderdale has grown to the point where it has lost all its charm. The beaches are congested and parking is nearly impossible. If you are a young professional and can afford to live in a high rise and have a short commute to work, and are single .... then it has very little appeal.
What about further north? Martin County? Naples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 05:45 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
I personnally don't see the racism in his post that you appearently do see, certainly nothing like your comment about him wishing we were back in the days of "whites only" signs. Anyway, have a good evening and best wishes.
Where did I say his comments were racist? I didn't. You made that up.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:48 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Barbosa View Post
I agree. How ironic the Perps who claim and call others bigots are actually the bigots themselves by being and keeping America's #1 social disease alive and well called PC or politically correctness. How sad we have sunk so far down as a nation and country when we must label others as bigots and racists when in the end we are all Americans!
Who did I call a racist? Someone called me a racist, not the other way around. I did not agree with John's post, but I did not call him a racist either. Unlike someone else in this thread.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:45 PM

170 posts, read 190,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Who did I call a racist? Someone called me a racist, not the other way around. I did not agree with John's post, but I did not call him a racist either. Unlike someone else in this thread.

You ranted that a poster on this thread wants "whites only" signs. But if you stop bringing this up, it'll fade away. The thread's not about this anyway. Why don't you leave it alone.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:48 PM

236 posts, read 388,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Barbosa View Post
What about further north? Martin County? Naples?
Martin County is big on controlled growth. There is very little development between Tequesta and Stuart. Most of development in Martin County is centered at the northern end where it borders St Lucie County. Because Martin has been so restrictive on growth St Lucie County has seized the opportunity to be the high growth county that attracts a lot of the people priced out of Palm Beach County.

The towns in Martin County are nice and maintain a small town charm.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
You ranted that a poster on this thread wants "whites only" signs. But if you stop bringing this up, it'll fade away. The thread's not about this anyway. Why don't you leave it alone.
Emil-- you can't argue with liberals. No matter what you say, or do, and no matter how much proof you provide, they will always deny any wrong doing. Being PC (politically correct) is embedded in their genetic makeup. The only way to deal with them, and they are everywhere as evidenced in several topics, is simply ignoring them.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny118 View Post
Martin County is big on controlled growth. There is very little development between Tequesta and Stuart. Most of development in Martin County is centered at the northern end where it borders St Lucie County. Because Martin has been so restrictive on growth St Lucie County has seized the opportunity to be the high growth county that attracts a lot of the people priced out of Palm Beach County. The towns in Martin County are nice and maintain a small town charm.
Interesting! It sounds like Martin County has learned a valuable lesson from the third world Circus that is today's Miami-Dade and the future Circus that will be Broward County ..... Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:17 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,073 times
The Real Question is "Where are you going to Move to?"

Where would you move to, if you could, that would be in an area that would offer what s.fla has, without the congestion and amenities (or better)???

That's what i would like to know!!!

Old 09-08-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Where would you move to, if you could, that would be in an area that would offer what s.fla has, without the congestion and amenities (or better)???

The billion dollar question!

Old 09-09-2016, 08:45 AM

33 posts, read 25,562 times
Quote:

Portland, Oregon
I visited some time ago and was amazed! People use their turn signals! Everyone speaks english! The main highway isn't a scene out of Fast and Furious! and it's a very very young city.
I'd move but the stupidly high cost of living in Fort Lauderdale impedes my ability to save a lot of money at once. As soon as I am able I am out of this severely crowded overpopulated overdeveloped over congested miserably hot hell hole. I'm sure though that some sucker is just waiting with baited breath to get my apartment. Fine by me. They can have at it in this so called "tropical paradise". Don't come crying to me when you discover the realities of this worthless region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area