Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:15 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times

Advertisements

Howdy. I knew a person with your last name at HCS in 1971-74. You may well be a relative. If so, excellent--she was a really nice girl, hope she's doing well.

When I was there, the first year it was openly abusive, as in physically. The academics were a joke. I hope it got better after I left because all it was in 1971-74 (at the church) was basically Revelation. Most stifling environment I could imagine--not because it was Christian, but because it was only set up to turn out little parroters of a very specific interpretation of the Bible. The physical abuse was simply the cherry atop the toxic sundae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksimpson95 View Post
hey tica,

i went to heritage christian before they started calling it heritage academy. i was in public school k through 9, but my parents wanted me to attend the private christian school.

i wouldn't recommend this school. halfway through my sophomore year they bought a very expensive new building (they were previously located in the church my parents have attended for years) and were unable to continue payments and upkeep.

honestly, i felt like i should have stayed in the IB program, as the courses at heritage didn't challenge me whatsoever. the admin was very shaky as well; in fact, they kicked my best friend out just near the end of her junior year (both her and her brother attended since kindergarden) because one of our classmates spread a rumor that she was a lesbian. even though the allegations were (obviously) false, they were afraid it would ruin their "reputation" and kicked her out instead. in my opinion, this is not "christ-like" behavior.

i did like the teachers though, if that makes a difference!

hope this helps. i really wouldn't have posted a reply if i didn't feel so strongly about the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 676 times
Hi Tica,

I am not sure about the previous administration prior to the move to north Fort Collins, as was not part of Heritage then, but I can tell you about its current state. My son attends 6th grade there now and is THRIVING! My daughter will be starting school there when she is old enough for sure. As a Christian family in Ft Collins and a student myself at the university here, we choose to have our children know Christian values in great detail before going to hear about other world-views that teach children as though they are fact in the public school system when in fact, they are just theories as well. Prior to becoming a born-again Christian at age 31, I held the evolution and big bang theories as fact because that was what I was taught in school.

All that to say, Heritage has been for the last 5 years and continues to be for our family, an excellent choice! God bless and who knows, we may wander the same halls someday! and WELCOME to Ft Collins

FYI: I just looked at Resurrection tuition as someone stated they were much less expensive and its comparable to HCA. have a blessed Sunday! (Resurrection is also an excellent school and would say check that one out as well

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-13-2013 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area