Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:58 PM

90 posts, read 219,816 times

Advertisements

I am of Christian religion and when I go to college up there I would like to know if the area is religious.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 PM

144 posts, read 494,128 times
There was an interesting article I read the other day about the meatpacking(if that is the correct term) plant in Greeley making accommodations for their employees that observe Ramadan so I am guessing that religious tolerance is practiced.
My impression from reading this site and having relatives in the area that freedom is still alive and well in the area.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:14 PM

788 posts, read 1,741,322 times
FC (and loveland) definately has a large conservative christian community. I know that the Timberline church and the Vineyard church both have alot of college kids/young adults attend.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:45 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMaster View Post
I am of Christian religion and when I go to college up there I would like to know if the area is religious.
Every town, city, region, county, area of The United States is religious. It can be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Mormon, Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, Atheist, Devil worshipers, tree worshipers, football worshipers and any and all others---yes, every religion is everywhere and is a protected right.

You want an Answer to your question then look in the phone book under Churches, Religious Organization etc. I will guarantee that you will find many listings.

Even if you by chance only find only one religious person, does that alone say the area is religious, or are your gods deaf to the lone believer or only hears the multitudes in adoration and worship.

livecontent

Old 11-15-2009, 10:13 AM

506 posts, read 651,242 times
Loveland is very Christian--a super MORMON community.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:46 AM

247 posts, read 745,107 times
Surprising with all the bars in downtown Loveland and soda in the grocery stores.

I will say that if you are looking for the conservative christian experience that Colorado Springs is probably a better choice. The Fort is a bit more tolerant.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,986 times
My time with the evangelical covinnent church in Ft.Collins on the north side of town is the most down to earth,up lifting congregation I have witnessed. I
since returned to Minnesota,However I will be returning soon.Check it out, you will surely .love it their. P. S. say hi to pastor Tom.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,985,636 times
Wink Just how religious?

Q: Is the area religious?

A: No, if by religious you mean a devoutly Christian community. Ft. Collins is a secular town that enjoys a number of different religious faiths, and many good options. Christianity just happens to be most widely observed.

Loveland is a more conservative community, but then the question if commuting from there to school in Ft. Collins. Colorado Springs would make either of these towns appear as liberal as Boulder, CO. If one defines their life in such terms, Colorado Springs might be a better choice.

However, if compared to places in the deep South, most anything in Colorado is going to come off like Sodom and Gomorrah. Colorado tends to be a rather secular, live and let live kind of place.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,898 times
I assume that you're going to CSU, right? There are a number of Christian groups on campus (for example, the Navigators). I'm sure you'll find many other like-minded students. As others have said, you'll not likely find all your fellow students (or probably even a majority) are on the same page as you, but you'll certainly find many others. To CSU's credit, I'd say that there are a number of political and religious points of view on campus and the student body seems laid-back enough to accept all of them.

As others have mentioned, Colorado Springs as a town does have a lot of Christian ministries headquartered there, but I doubt that affects life on the campuses down there (UCCS or CC) all that much. Besides, few of those employed by those ministries will be college age anyway. With other factors considered, I think most people would be far better off at CSU than UCCS, at any rate.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:58 PM

46 posts, read 187,876 times
livecontent
I can tell by your post, you have what most Americans lack, common sense and research skills.

We have traveled around the states and world due to military relocations and is always baffles me, when people ask, how can you move so often and survive.

I grunt I am a Marine Wife, we research and survive and adapt in each location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area