Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 PM

469 posts, read 1,037,714 times

Advertisements

Have you been served a Notice of Trustee's Sale? The foreclosure process is relatively swift and straightforward in AZ. The rules are slanted towards the lender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,008 times
i sent my mortgage servicer 89700.00 and they sent it back

Old 07-28-2014, 12:53 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,917,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgustedscam View Post
i sent my mortgage servicer 89700.00 and they sent it back
Your post is an older thread. Start a new thread, posting more information?

Sending $89700.00 and your lender sent it back?

See San Fernando, CA

There is more to your story?

Please explain
  • How many payments were you behind?
  • Do you have a court date?
  • Has there been a sale date (already foreclosed upon)?
Being in California, your options are limited as to getting your loan modified restructured. You should speak to a local attorney about options to save your home.

G.L.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,230 times
I live in san antonio texas and our loan provider is Nationstar Mortgage. We are 3 months behind and in "Active Foreclosure" - we have the money reinstatement amount ($5499.20) but Nationstar sent it to attorney Sharpiro & Schwartz in Houston,Tx and they are charging ($6776.00) we sold everything in the house and borrowed from several family members to save our house..we have the $5499.20 but the difference is so hard for us to collect an additional ($1267)..we could do this by August 24th but they said they will add additonal late fees and we are drowning..and scared of losing our home..it hard to believe Nationstar will not accept the $5499.20..our acct was sent today 8/4/15 to attorney..

Old 08-06-2015, 06:08 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Are you trying to bring the mortgage current, or pay just partial amount of what you owe? If you're trying to make a partial payment of the past 4 months, they will decline it as they want the full amount. If you're trying to pay the full amount to bring it current, and they won't accept it, you're talking with the wrong people and keep asking to escalate to a manager until someone takes your money and provides you with a letter of being no longer delinquent.
and the OP should get the refusal in writing.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:45 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Its probably because your house is worth more than what the current loan amount is and they can foreclose and sell the property for more than your current loan is worth. There is no reason for a bank not to take payment bringing you up to current.

Yep. You are now considered a "squatter" trying to milk the process along and stay in the house for less than what you owe. If I were the bank, I would not take your money either unless it was to apply to you deficiency judgement once the home is sold at auction.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:47 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel86 View Post
I live in san antonio texas and our loan provider is Nationstar Mortgage. We are 3 months behind and in "Active Foreclosure" - we have the money reinstatement amount ($5499.20) but Nationstar sent it to attorney Sharpiro & Schwartz in Houston,Tx and they are charging ($6776.00) we sold everything in the house and borrowed from several family members to save our house..we have the $5499.20 but the difference is so hard for us to collect an additional ($1267)..we could do this by August 24th but they said they will add additonal late fees and we are drowning..and scared of losing our home..it hard to believe Nationstar will not accept the $5499.20..our acct was sent today 8/4/15 to attorney..
It costs the banks money to start the foreclosure process. Someone (you) have to pay to make them whole again.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:51 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,818,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel86 View Post
Like the other person just said, there are fees to being late and someone has to pay those fees. You don't get a free ride in life. You're 3 months late. You're lucky they're giving you a chance to pay it off and be done, but since they had to get attorneys involved, those attorneys have bills to pay too.

I doubt you sold everything. Are you sleeping on the floor? Are you watching tv? Sell more stuff. If you're that hard-up on money, you bought way over your head and won't be able to pay the payments going forward so you need to look at a permanent solution not just a temporary one.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:06 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,917,117 times
Title 5, Section 51 of Texas Code = Link to Texas Statues

I work with homeowners across the county in active foreclosure. Each state has it's own unique set a rules. Nation-star Mortgage is in the top ten leaders we work with. I believe there is more to your story.

3 months behind and in "Active Foreclosure? The exact foreclosure provisions are outlined on the deed of trust signed at the closing. Texas is a non-judicial state where foreclosures generally start after 120 days (4 months) of non-payment. Except for certain notice provisions this type of foreclosure does not involve court action. My experience with Texas foreclosures generally take 6 months to take place.

Before Nation-star initiate the foreclosure, their trustee (Sharpiro & Schwartz) will send you a demand letter (at 4 to 5 months being late). Requesting past due amounts to be paid in full or the foreclosure proceedings will begin.

Because Nation-star closed this loan and now contracted Sharpiro & Schwartz. They are adding their legal fee to the total past the amount. Which unless this is paid, the foreclosure is going forward. If you were only 2 to 3 months late, my experience tell me the attorney wouldn't of been involved. Point - you waited to long.

If you were able to pay the lender the full/portion of the past due amount, there would of been a good change of saving the home. Because the attorney debited only $5499.20, of the $6776.00. Unless the missing $1267 is paid, you at their mercy if they wanted to foreclose (also losing the $5499.20).

Is the unfair? This is what happening when the mortgage doesn't get paid.

My $00.02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs