Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
I was referring to my scenarios...

remember, the ones that showed your flawed logic.

I did not ask for a response to those, I only wanted you to see the difference.

You accused me of not answering your questions, and I pointed out that I had in the response that I posted.

Why do you continue to attack me when I am only trying to point out the hysteria in all the recall craziness?

I have rationally proffered my point of view and you continue to rant.

I think you need to take something to calm down and call it a night. You keep setting yourself up. It's just too funny. Have a good one, kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 11:34 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I think you need to take something to calm down and call it a night. You keep setting yourself up. It's just too funny. Have a good one, kid.
I am very calm, you are the one that used the words IDIOTIC and ABSURD and accused me of drinking the Kool-Aid when I am in no way defending Toyota, but pointing out that other manufactures have had similar problems.

I will try to stick to the topic at hand, recalls, and my opinion that there has been an hysterical reaction to all this. I will call it a night when I see fit.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
I am very calm, you are the one that used the words IDIOTIC and ABSURD and accused me of drinking the Kool-Aid when I am in no way defending Toyota, but pointing out that other manufactures have had similar problems.

I will try to stick to the topic at hand, recalls, and my opinion that there has been an hysterical reaction to all this. I will call it a night when I see fit.

You rebel, you!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Steve Tn goes off the deep end quickly when defending his american auots has has been seen in the past.Noe likie so many since they fail to convince that american cars are better they want to convince that their not as bad.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:59 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Steve Tn goes off the deep end quickly when defending his american auots has has been seen in the past.Noe likie so many since they fail to convince that american cars are better they want to convince that their not as bad.
Spellchecker is your friend.

And people can point out Ford's recall for their hybrid brake issue, but its not as serious as the Prius issue that just came into light yesterday... they might have to recall the Prius now, too, due to a potential brake problem with the brakes not, uh, braking! Another issue Toyota knew about after hundreds of complaints but didnt take action until teh Japanese gov't recently forced an investigation.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
With all of this new technology there will be plenty of recalls in the near future until the bugs get worked out. The EPA is making them push this stuff out there before they even know if it works right. It reminds me of the early 80's when they started putting electronic fuel injection and computers in cars, it took almost a whole decade before they got reliable.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Huh? I drive 2 Nissans. I don't defend American autos. Where are you getting this from.

Your information is as bad as your typing and spelling.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Spellchecker is your friend.

And people can point out Ford's recall for their hybrid brake issue, but its not as serious as the Prius issue that just came into light yesterday... they might have to recall the Prius now, too, due to a potential brake problem with the brakes not, uh, braking! Another issue Toyota knew about after hundreds of complaints but didnt take action until teh Japanese gov't recently forced an investigation.
They are recalling it in Japan. Whether they recall the Prius in the U.S. is yet to be seen. And yes, if he is going to insult someone (me) at least do it clearly!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:26 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Ford To Recall Small Number OF Hybrids Over Braking Issue | HULIQ

Just when they were starting to make a come back. This will clearly reverse that.
I don't see this issue as hurting Ford as bad as Toyota is hurting now because:

1) Read the article you posted. The issue is only that the car 'feels like' it's losing braking power. I honestly don't know what the means, but it doesn't say 'the brakes fail'.

2) As far as I have read (correct me if I am wrong), this recall is being done VOLUNTARILY by Ford, as opposed to Toyota who has to be dragged kicking and screaming into a) admitting a problem and b) issuing a recall.

3) You're talking one recall on one model. Granted, there are probably a few Ford recalls out there right now on other models, but the media is only grabbing at the one right now. Toyota's issue, on the other hand, is widespread among more than half their lineup and affects MILLIONS of vehicles.

And as for Ford's timing, of course it's no coincidence they're doing it now. IMO, what's pissing people off with Toyota isn't that the recall(s) exists, it's how they're handling it. Obviously what would be best for Ford is to have no issues at all, but if you have one and deal with it on your own, you come out smelling like roses compared to Toyota. And with all the media hype involving Toyota, Ford knows that the news groups will be kicking over every stone out there, so you better air your laundry now before someone does it for you.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln