Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:32 PM

49 posts, read 56,967 times

Advertisements

I know a guy who has drank 12 beers religiously since he was 16. He's eaten more barroom pizzas and cheeseburgers than anyone around. He's smoked 2 packs of cigarettes for 30 years. He lived with me for 6 years. He would never eat breakfast. Lunchtime was always a couple hamburgers and french fries. At night his supper might be a bag of Doritos and half gallon for ice cream. The next night a dozen eggs and bag of potato chips. The next night 12 raw hot dogs and Campbell's chicken soup.

The guy is now 56. I have seen him come in stone drunk and fall out in the floor and get up at 6 a.m. and go to work in the same clothes he had on the day before.

This guy is probably in as good of shape as some health freaks. I wouldn't advise anyone living this kind of lifestyle. But if this guy lives like this I don't think it would hurt if you didn't stick to a strict diet. I mean sometimes there are going to be people eating pizza and it won't hurt for you to eat a few pieces.

I know another guy who has drank a case of beer everyday for 35 years, but that's another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 12:34 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,082 times
MY List of bad for you foods reads thus:
1 MacDonalds
2 KFC
3 Taco Bell
4 Pizza Hut
5 KrispyKreme Donuts
6 my MiL's cooking
7 My Mothers cooking

sheesh .. the first five hurt my wallet but I stop & buy the stuff anyways and the last two are bad for me but cant pass up the fried tators, the cakes cookies and other goodies ..
ya'll want me to starve to death?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:46 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,438,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I don't think it's wise to always dismiss stuff like this so quickly.
Sorry, but I do.

And before anyone goes ballistic, I also drive my own family bonkers with my "eh" attitude. I don't listen to politicians and I don't listen to food scientists and I don't listen to ... well, you get the idea.

Your mileage may vary - that's the way of the world.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,878 times
Storm - I am picturing this guy you know to be at least 350lbs and very smelly!

Old 10-25-2009, 02:20 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
I'd rather support my local family farm, and I do.

Of course I eat pizza, drink beer and all of that. But I'm careful about my meat now, and other food produced by the enormous agribusiness. They are at the point where they don't care what the product is like. Cow falling down from mad cow? Let it drop and the other cows eat it.

I think there is something fundamentally frightening about two sausage biscuits at McDonalds costing $1.

You can eat it. I'm supporting the little guy with a family to feed.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:06 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,932,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I think there is something fundamentally frightening about two sausage biscuits at McDonalds costing $1.
AGREED! My husband and I have talked about the scary cheap-ness of fast food. I don't eat at McDonald's, but if I did, I'd almost feel better if they charged me $5 for the item, rather than 2 for a $1. I'm halfway joking, but you know what I mean...

Old 10-26-2009, 05:51 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,885,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Sorry, but I do.

And before anyone goes ballistic, I also drive my own family bonkers with my "eh" attitude. I don't listen to politicians and I don't listen to food scientists and I don't listen to ... well, you get the idea.

Your mileage may vary - that's the way of the world.
Okay, have fun with all your cancer causing chemicals.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,887,513 times
Everything is bad for you when consumming it too often. Even carrots. You eat carrots everyday, seriously your skin will turn to an orange tint (this is no joke either). Hell, too much iron in your diet can cause a form of anemia. Junk food everyday can cause obesity and weight problems.

Too much of anything can be bad for you. A rule of thumb.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,878 times
LinaJo - speaking of "carrots" have you ever tried the "organic" ones? I buy them when fresh local carrots are out of season and they really do "taste" better. In addition to that we are promised they are grown without chemicals and pesticides.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,144,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Everything is bad for you when consumming it too often. Even carrots. You eat carrots everyday, seriously your skin will turn to an orange tint (this is no joke either).
So true! My son was orange as a toddler from all the jars of baby food that seemed to have a main ingredient of carrots.

Lilltle orange boy! Scary at the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink