Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 03:05 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times

Advertisements

What?

You're not entitled to take something back just because you don't like it.

You take something back if something is wrong with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
I don't take anything back because I've bought something new and don't like the flavor. That mistake was mine, so the loss is mine.

I will take back food that is spoiled or bad. Well, unless it was something cheap and it costs more for the gas to return it than the item is worth.

I don't think I've ever bought ice cream that was bad, but a couple of times I've bought a flavor where I didn't like the flavor. I like to try new flavors. Occassionally, they are duds.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:46 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,827,472 times
I did once when it was covered heavily in snow crystals. But I returned it frozen and showed them.

I wouldn't return anything that was simply not to my taste and not because of some type of defect.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:00 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,454,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I did once when it was covered heavily in snow crystals. But I returned it frozen and showed them.

I wouldn't return anything that was simply not to my taste and not because of some type of defect.
Exactly this.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:47 PM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Have I ever returned "bought" ice cream to a store?
No, and neither have I returned stolen ice cream to a store.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:17 PM

2,026 posts, read 334,491 times
I wouldn't return something if the taste was displeasing--what kind of lame excuse would you use at the counter... ''uh yeah I'm returning this because I don't like how it tastes." lol

On the other hand, I've bought ice cream that has on more than enough occasions been ridiculously freezer-burned from Martins. I don't feel guilty returning it because it's appalling to open a tub full of ice cream that looks like the Eskimos built Frosty the Snowman in it.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:06 PM

325 posts, read 337,199 times
We once had a customer return a container of ice cream because it didn't taste right. The ice cream probably had been melted than re-frozen with a bunch of ice crystals in it.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sometimes, when someone puts a frozen item in their shopping cart like a box of ice cream, a pizza, etc., they decide in another part of the store that they don't want it after all and ditch it on a shelf. Periodically, an employee will go around the store specifically to gather up items that are strewn about in the wrong place and reshelve them. If the ice cream was sitting there for who knows how long, it had a chance to get all the way melted. Depending on the store's management, the employee may just put the melted item right back so an unsuspecting customer can purchase it. They don't particularly care either way.
When I worked as a cashier at Target, we had to throw out any refrigerated/frozen food that a customer decided they no longer wanted once they got up to the check out lanes. I would guess that any food left out around the store was also thrown out. We didn't know how long it was in the customers cart or sitting out on a shelf somewhere. I always hated when customers decided they didn't want food. It always seemed to happen with meat, they'd decide it would be cheaper to buy somewhere else. I'd always think, maybe it wouldn't be so expensive if we didn't have to throw so much out. But its a public safety issue, so not much that could be done about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink