Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 24,600,952 times

Advertisements

I baked a loaf (more like a braid) of bread today and had it steaming hot with mustard. Mmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 10:32 PM

607 posts, read 1,412,010 times
Real southern banana pudding. With the homemade custard, nilla wafers, and browned meringue! DANGEROUS!
And yes, there is something about rice crispy treats that makes me want to keep eating them too.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:50 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,238,589 times
Generally two loaves of bread will be baked each time. One loaf is pretty much gone in a couple of hours, sometimes before it even cools off. There's usually loads of folks willing to help eat it, though, I'm not forced to do it all by myself.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:39 PM

849 posts, read 793,644 times
I used to make Grandma's Old fashioned Molasses Cookies. I purposely left out the Allspice, using more Cinnamon & Cloves to make up for the deletion. (I would also add Ginger if baking them now.) I also pulled them from the oven while still somewhat soft, instead of crisp like my sister baked them.

The trick is to make 2 or 3 batches at once, so you can eat your fill, and still have plenty left over for the picnic you baked them for! (No, I never ate an entire single batch, but, I was definitely tempted!)

Old 12-10-2014, 01:49 AM

19,996 posts, read 30,503,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
It's hard not to eat a whole package of fresh cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese frosting.

The Rice Krispy treats are a good one too, they are so fun to eat by the fist full, you don't realize you're doing it because they're not filling at all. I put the PB in there too and then drizzle some semi-sweet melted chips.
yes for both of these!!

there is a treat called a scotcheroo , that mixes butterscotch with the rice krispies along with a thick chocolate top ...

someone made these for me once for a birthday, and that's the only thing I ate all day -
they are dangerous....I have to avoid them.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:02 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,556,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
What is something you bake and you end up eating it all?
Maybe you get embarrased, maybe your proud of it

For me, if I make Rice Krispies Bars, whole pan gone in about an hour.

And if I make a loaf of banana bread, gone!
Of course with a half of stick of butter along with it

Am I proud?
Nope
But it sure tastes darn good!
I am not a huge sweets eater so there is nothing, but there are a couple of things I love and do have to put away before they are gone completely. I love chocolate rum cake and I have a couple of kinds of cookies I made during the Christmas season I like to eat as much as back them. My biggest piggy habit is more the salty things like dips, Chex mix, things like that.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:57 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,105,366 times
I bake cakes and cookies.

I also make peanut butter bars.

Yes, I eat them all. Yes I eat them all in bed. Yes I eat them all in bed while drinking wine, alone. Yes, I'm a straight guy.

fml

Old 12-10-2014, 08:59 AM

16,287 posts, read 32,550,862 times
I don't bake but grew up in a home with baking constanly happening. My mom made bread from wheat that she ground. We never bought any baked item including bread from the store. My mom always made them. Nothing like a solid warm, just baked loaf of whole wheat bread. I doubt I could eat an entire loaf in one sitting though.

The truth is I can't see eating too many baked items in one sitting. Then again I try to balance out baked with vegetables. Lunch is the one time I just have raw vegetables and fruit. I save the fun stuff for the evening meal.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:40 AM

6,625 posts, read 6,626,061 times
Butter tart squares or a pan of butter tarts. My absolute favorite!

Old 12-10-2014, 10:18 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,555,791 times
All you guys treats sound sooo good.
Oh my, I might have to add it to my list

Exspecially drinking the wine in bed while eating them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink