Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 05:55 AM

48,208 posts, read 22,035,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I had not even noticed I had a star! That's so cool. Thanks to everyone here!
Congratulations Cyn....

("on her it looks good; not at all gaudy!)

Old 05-23-2008, 06:00 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,337,647 times
Ha! Elston you are so funny!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,869,869 times
You wear it well friend and so happy we "starred" just about together!!

Tonight I'm thinking sausage/pepper/onion subs, corn on the cob.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:38 AM

601 posts, read 1,905,438 times
Congrats Cyn!!!
Happy Friday everyone!!!! Weiner Schnitzel tonight with fried poatoes and ONIONS.
Update on sale of home.......appraisal came in 6000.00 under agreed sales price The appraiser only gave us 1000.00 for 120000.00 worth of new windows.(should be .50 on the dollar.) He gave us nothing for new carpet.
noted we had a whirlpool tub (but not that it was marble) All his comps were 3 bdrm and around 1400.sq ft. Ours is 4bdrms , 1875 sq ft. I don't think he did a very good job. My husband is upset.... I'm sure it will all work out.
The buyer had let slip to us that he had 84,000.0 to put down on the house.
So it's not like he is trying to finance the majority of the thing. We may have to haggle a bit but I think it will still go. He came over last night and all the gardenias and roses up the front walk are in bloom and are very fragrent in
the evening. (I know in his mind the house is already his.) Plus his prospective new inlaws live down the street from us. ( no pressure there) I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Old 05-23-2008, 06:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,869,869 times
DayTripper can you protest the appraisal as it seems really off?

Old 05-23-2008, 06:58 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,195,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Congrats Cyn!!!
Happy Friday everyone!!!! Weiner Schnitzel tonight with fried poatoes and ONIONS.
Update on sale of home.......appraisal came in 6000.00 under agreed sales price The appraiser only gave us 1000.00 for 120000.00 worth of new windows.(should be .50 on the dollar.) He gave us nothing for new carpet.
noted we had a whirlpool tub (but not that it was marble) All his comps were 3 bdrm and around 1400.sq ft. Ours is 4bdrms , 1875 sq ft. I don't think he did a very good job. My husband is upset.... I'm sure it will all work out.
The buyer had let slip to us that he had 84,000.0 to put down on the house.
So it's not like he is trying to finance the majority of the thing. We may have to haggle a bit but I think it will still go. He came over last night and all the gardenias and roses up the front walk are in bloom and are very fragrent in
the evening. (I know in his mind the house is already his.) Plus his prospective new inlaws live down the street from us. ( no pressure there) I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Don't want to burst your bubble, but all the appraiser will do is move numbers around. Chances are he/she will NOT see eye to eye with you on the value of certain items.

We sold our house in Vegas back in 2006. Offer was 510K, appraisal came in at 470 - buyers forked over an additional $5K because they really wanted the house. We lived in a neighborhood of mostly older homes. We put a lot of work into it, but it really didn't matter. They're only going to work up the numbers based on comparably sized homes, it doesn't matter what they look like.

Good luck, though.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:23 AM

601 posts, read 1,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Don't want to burst your bubble, but all the appraiser will do is move numbers around. Chances are he/she will NOT see eye to eye with you on the value of certain items.

We sold our house in Vegas back in 2006. Offer was 510K, appraisal came in at 470 - buyers forked over an additional $5K because they really wanted the house. We lived in a neighborhood of mostly older homes. We put a lot of work into it, but it really didn't matter. They're only going to work up the numbers based on comparably sized homes, it doesn't matter what they look like.

Good luck, though.
His comparables were smaller in sq footage......also none of them are on a lake. I guess my hubby is going to call on this and discuss their postion in
this appraisal. Otherwise the buyer is going to have to do something or we won't sell. Our move is not a must do thing.....we just want to move to our
other home in Washington. (trying to gear down and simplfy our lives- if that's possible) Hopefully we and the buyer will work this out.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,172,013 times
Daytripper the difference is not that big. Maybe the buyer will pay it out of pocket and just add that to the remaining mortgage he'll be taking. It really won't make much of a difference on the mortgage payments, and it sounds like a very nice house.

On the other hand, with the current market, it may not be worth losing the sale over that amount. I would address it with the appraiser though but it's true, they don't take any of the "cosmetic" aspects into account, although I would think that the 4th bedroom and the square footage difference IS a big deal and definitely worth the higher appraisal amount.

good luck!!!

Dinner? Oh. That thing. Yeah. Well. We'll see. The day is still young and I'm not awake. Watched season finale of Grey's Anatomy and didn't sleep so well after that.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,950,508 times
Last night we went to a place called "Big Hoss BBQ" -- pretty good! (It is hard to find good barbecue in Denver, so we usually smoke pork shoulder or ribs ourselves). I had the pulled pork with baked beans and coleslaw and the BF had brisket with onion slivers and mashed potatoes. We also had some fried cheese curds -- haven't had those in FOREVER!!

Tonight, who knows? It is FRIDAY and it is the last day of school for my hormonal students. Hip hip hooray!!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:49 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
His comparables were smaller in sq footage......also none of them are on a lake. I guess my hubby is going to call on this and discuss their postion in
this appraisal. Otherwise the buyer is going to have to do something or we won't sell. Our move is not a must do thing.....we just want to move to our
other home in Washington. (trying to gear down and simplfy our lives- if that's possible) Hopefully we and the buyer will work this out.

Good luck I would get a 2nd appraisal or call and see if they will use better comps. if I am not mistaken lake property is (even vacant land) in more valuable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.