Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 09:43 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,456,106 times

Advertisements

Good morning!

Dinner tonight will be soft-shelled tacos.... loaded for bear!

Hope everyone has a wonderful First Day of Spring!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,971,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I loved that link.....thank you!!!!!!!! is haluski a polish dish?
I just made the haluski according to KellyO. Absolutely delicious!! I had to have some for lunch. lol.......DH called from work and I told him I was making haluski but he still wants pizza. He doesn't know what he's missing.
For anyone making it, once I put in the sliced cabbage, I covered the pan and the cabbage cooked pretty fast. I added only about a 1/4 cup of water.

I had to half the recipe and it still made so much. I used 3/4 bag of noodles.

I'm going to freeze most of it.....I hope it stays as tasty.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,252,079 times
Good Afternoon Foodie Friends!

Tonight will be homemade vegetable, pepperoni, prosciutto pizza and spring salad.

Lacey, our daughters aren't happy with you they just rid of the 14+" 2 wks. ago.

skbs, hugs to the little one

have a wonderful afternoon everyone.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,862,732 times
Kelsie-I'm going incognito out here right now!

Lots of raves for the Haluski-will do it when we get back to MN.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:12 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,200,602 times
Afternoon foodies! Although it is the first day of spring it is really cold here again.

skbs hate hearing Diva is sick again give her a hug from all her cyber uncles and aunties.

Coastal what do you mean a taco load for 'bear'???

Lacey sorry the snow followed you to NJ but tell your famiily and friends you can't control it at home let alone while traveling.

elston once again reading your posts makes me realize I would try an old shoe if you decribed it so well as you do.

M'smom sorry you have a sick one too. As somebody said, was it MWBW, these episodes will lessen as your children get older~~promise.

My kids start spring break today too HG not a fun one since DD is having nose surgery on Monday. But she won't miss school or swim meets so we needed to get it done before summer.

I made a pot of spanish sauce for hot dogs today in honor of our root beer stands opening around here yesterday. Think we are going to have another grilled chicken Caesar salad tonight but spanish dogs will be available as well.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:23 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,022,438 times
Default old shoe du jour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
elston once again reading your posts makes me realize I would try an old shoe if you decribed it so well as you do.
Funny you mention......I do have a lovely lightly worn loafer simmering in some soy sauce and sweetened rice wine with fresh ginger root, crushed garlic cloves and chopped green onion..... I plan to it serve later with saffroned jasmine rice. I am chopping some cilantro to sprinkle over it and thought the addition of some chopped fresh tomatoes would add a dash of color. I believe a bottle of chenin blanc will play well with this entre and I have it and the crystal chilling.

Last edited by elston; 03-20-2009 at 12:52 PM..

Old 03-20-2009, 11:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
stir fry.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:23 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,390,980 times
Okay, Linguine and sauce with dried tomatoes is on hold.
We had wraps with yummie salad and strips of chicken "cordon bleu" (stuffed with ham and cheese, rolled in breadcrumbs and then fried).

Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,456,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Jaxson[/b];7971868]
Coastal what do you mean a taco load for 'bear'??? I brown up the burger and add the taco seasoning packet as usual... and then when it's time to eat, I heat up the soft shell in a large fry pan... then I add lettuce, top with the meat, then add chopped scallion, chopped tomato, salsa, shredded cheese, and then sour cream... then I roll up and devour. lol Someone else called them chimi-somethings.... but that's how I've always eaten soft shelled tacos, so that's what I call 'em... tacos loaded for bear... i.e., everything in them but the kitchen sink!

elston once again reading your posts makes me realize I would try an old shoe if you decribed it so well as you do. I agree... he had me drooling too!!! lol

I made a pot of spanish sauce for hot dogs today in honor of our root beer stands opening around here yesterday. Think we are going to have another grilled chicken Caesar salad tonight but spanish dogs will be available as well.
Ok... your turn... what pray tell is spanish sauce for hot dogs??????????

I too hope all the sick wee ones get better soon as well as anyone having procedures coming soon... hopes and prayers coming your way...

Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,953,013 times
Hi foodies!

Still on library computer today. Not thrilled about it. They are very slow today. Very annoying. Called the computer place and they said, "it's on the bench, we've been a bit backed up." Yeah, right. I had half a mind to go get it and tell them to stuff their bench fee of $75.00. Grrrr.

Dinner tonight is going to be enchiladas, I think. If I don't go out for a bit.
Have a great night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.