Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 06:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times

Advertisements

OMG-your poor Mother-thank heaven's she wasn't hurt.

We live on a corner and bend and they fly by here-3 have ended u in the ditch this winter.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,724,735 times
Good morning everyone
We got dumped on last night. It is so white out I need my sunglasses. First storm of the season here in DE anyway.

Gosh Elston...........That must of been a total shock. Sitting there in your living room then all of a sudden a car drives through and destroys your house with nearly killing you.
My mom used to watch jack parr too. I think she had a crush on him. LOL!
It was jack parr and arthur godfrey. Oh and mike douglas. She went to his studio in Philly to see his show. Oh and Merv griffin.......she did love merv. He was one of the younger ones. Guess as she got older she like em young.

Lacey.........how is hubby today?

Tonight its ham steak with beans, fried potatos and harvard beets. I love harvard beets now. never used to but now I can't get enough of em.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
Hi EM-watch those beets-remember SKBS and her stones!

Mr. L just called and sofar the surgeon has been in and our reg doc. They're sending him for another CT to see how much everything's healed. I told him I'm staying away today as my cold is winding down and bad enough I was there Sat prior to it hitting. He doesn't need this too. Just going to hang out with my Zi-Cam and clorox wipes!

I'm thinking either peppers n eggs or tuna in fat free cream of celery soup and peas.

Happy, safe snow day all.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,163,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
And in carpets......it looks beautiful! What a regal spot for a beautiful dog.
Thanks! I purchased all these great rugs from Ebay! The retailer now sells directly. They are all handmade and hand knotted. Let me know if you are in the market and I will pull one of their emails out of my spam box the next time I get one. I typically get them on Sundays?

The kitties are mad that the dog moved in on their viewing territory!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,163,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Mr. L just called and sofar the surgeon has been in and our reg doc. They're sending him for another CT to see how much everything's healed. I told him I'm staying away today as my cold is winding down and bad enough I was there Sat prior to it hitting. He doesn't need this too. Just going to hang out with my Zi-Cam and clorox wipes!
Keep us all posted!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 AM

12,227 posts, read 21,653,133 times
Hi y'all. Stinks working all weekend and coming back to work Monday morning. I've got a bad case of the Mondays for sure.

Tonight we will have some beef tacos, that should perk me right up.
Going to fry the tortillas into crispy shells, and stuff them with the shredded beef I made this weekend, lettuce, tomato, grated cheddar.
I'll also put some red chile taco sauce on the table.

No side dishes necessary, just a lovely plate of tacos.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,296,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Jaxson speaking of idiot drivers. I live in a residential neighborhood but people like to cut through here to get to the main road and man they are flying over this snow and we have a lot. It is a white out here. My fear is that I live on a corner lot and when they come whipping around the corner I pray they don't whip into our house. We have already lost about 6 feet of hedges this year.
I honestly think a lot of people today have no common sense or courtesy. Seems most people forget about rules of driving when it comes to stop signs, turn lanes and school zones.

elston & MWBW those would be scary things glad nobody was harmed.

EM so your mom was a "cougar" eh?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,563,282 times
elston- That must have been very scary for your mother.

Lacey- Take care of yourself.

Good morning. Lots of snow on the ground. Chicken parm for my DH and I haven't decided yet what I am having. Only lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Not happy about how long it's taking. Oh well I know it's lack of exercise.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,983,745 times
Good morning all!

The snow is still falling and should stop this afternoon. We have about 9 inches so far. DH did go to work, I tried to get him to stay home but he said no.

Dinner will be a quick sandwich, since we'll be out with the snow blower and shovel late today.
Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese (DH gets some bacon on his)

Stay safe and warm everyone!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,789,757 times
Well our storm has stopped abruptly...hopefully gone for good. Now the clean-up. Hubbie retired just in time.

We do have a guy that plows but he gets here when he can hopefully sooner than later today..it is deep.

Just popped in some banana bread just to use the bananas and to get the house smelling really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink