Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,481,598 times

Advertisements

Lacey- I am so sorry to hear Mr. L had a bad might. Take it easy today.

Elston- Enjoy your dinner out.

Morning all. Only 4 more weeks until spring. Tonight my DH is having stuffed peppers. I am having something out of the freezer. It looks like something with chicken, veggies, and red sauce. We defrosted the refrigerator and freezer last night and I have way too many "unknown" containers in the freezer. I really need to label them.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 AM

48,337 posts, read 22,087,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Lacey- I am so sorry to hear Mr. L had a bad might. Take it easy today.

Elston- Enjoy your dinner out.

Morning all. Only 4 more weeks until spring. Tonight my DH is having stuffed peppers. I am having something out of the freezer. It looks like something with chicken, veggies, and red sauce. We defrosted the refrigerator and freezer last night and I have way too many "unknown" containers in the freezer. I really need to label them.
Well the "grab bag" status...keeps life interesting. I like being able to pull out a single portion frozen surprise for lunch!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 AM

68,387 posts, read 54,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Ravioli-haven't had them since leaving NJ!

Are they banned in the Great White North or?

All these stories of no veal, no ravioli, mediocre pizza and bread are starting to scare when it comes to moving

Old 02-21-2009, 07:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,382,234 times
That is so funny YLisa! I had the very same problem a few months back. I kept taking out containers thinking it had other things in them only to find out it was something entirely different. Made for some interesting dinners!! So after going through that a few times I took a perm. marker and started labeling everything. So far so good! I reuse some of the containers so I have to write over them sometimes so it is getting a littler harder to read them now though.....Ha!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

All these stories of no veal, no ravioli, mediocre pizza and bread are starting to scare when it comes to moving
I'm serious! It does seem odd that in this day and age there are so many hard-to-find items that are really pretty common in many places. It's not like we are in a different country!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,897,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Be afraid-be very afraid!!!! It's amazing the difference in what we can buy. I always stock up on certain things when we go east.

I have found decent bread-from a bakery about 35 mi west and talked our deli into carrying it-baker is from NJ!!!!!

Decent pizza is an oxymoron.

I go the extra mile and buy Rao's pasta for special meals-expensive but I'm worth it!

And just forget about seafood.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,897,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That is so funny YLisa! I had the very same problem a few months back. I kept taking out containers thinking it had other things in them only to find out it was something entirely different. Made for some interesting dinners!! So after going through that a few times I took a perm. marker and started labeling everything. So far so good! I reuse some of the containers so I have to write over them sometimes so it is getting a littler harder to read them now though.....Ha!
I use the white sticky labels and remove when taking out of freezer.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:48 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,265,485 times
Two weeks ago I went to Super Walmart, Lowe's Foods & Kroger's and asked what happened to the Celantano Ravioli that you had carried and was told in a straight face that "Ravioli is a seasonal item". What the h--- Went to our Fresh Market and there in the gourmet section was Ravioli--distributed from? You guessed it NJ. Interesting tip--in Italian Raviol is singular, 1, Ravioli is plural meaning many.

Kats: I bought 8 oz. of Panko (The Fresh Market brand) here in E. NC for $3.50. I add garlic powder, grated Pecorino Romano cheese and parsley before breading my fish etc. Gives it lots of flavor.

Lacey: I hope you and Mr. L. have a better day. Glad his appt. is tomorrow.

Got the phone call last night, daughter is back on the meds., the staph infection started to come back again.

Last night we went to Outback, I had the new Pork tenderloin dinner, in an apricot glaze, garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. $10.49 and excellent. h had a small sirloin, veggies, and rice and Caesar salad. $9.99 and we got 2 $10 coupons for the next time.

Tonight will be the Osso Buco in San Mazano tomatoes and Risotto Milanese.

I am going to start working on that now and let it simmer in grandma's cast iron Dutch oven all day.

Have a wonderful day everyone and happy eating. kelsie

Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 AM

68,387 posts, read 54,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Two weeks ago I went to Super Walmart, Lowe's Foods & Kroger's and asked what happened to the Celantano Ravioli that you had carried and was told in a straight face that "Ravioli is a seasonal item". What the h--- Went to our Fresh Market and there in the gourmet section was Ravioli--distributed from? You guessed it NJ. Interesting tip--in Italian Raviol is singular, 1, Ravioli is plural meaning many.
Seasonal? ROTFLMAO!

Raviol? Who could possibly eat just one?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 AM

That is interesting about the plural ravioli...never knew that! I get told things are seasonal here in this part of NC too---it doesn't make a lot of sense to me!
Sorry to hear about your daughter again kelsie...darn staff infections are so stubborn sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.