Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2009, 04:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,279,830 times

Advertisements

skbs good to see you feel better to post and enjoy your new toy!

LaceyI'm glad this happened now so maybe DH will be feeling lots better for your trip home. Now can you pass me his roast beef sandwich please?

case enjoy your trip sounds like fun!

Nomad split that baby in half from top to bottom let Mrs. pick first that gets you more brownie points see?

amber you go girl I like that thinking outside your box you are doing!

Well it has turned bitter cold here again so I made a pot of what we call potato soup with hamburger & mushrooms. I see my canned cream of mushroom and cream of celery is getting low as well. It is a thick soup and smells divine cooking.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,919,500 times
Jaxson-I have lots of roast beef please join me.

My wonderful loving son-in-law just called (it's their 11th Anniv) but he wants me to know he's ready to fly out, drive us back-whatever we need. He's like a son to us and I am so thankful for him.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:51 PM

259,024 posts, read 91,044,479 times
Lacey sounds like ya got a keeper in him....The flounder was so good....turned out that the biscuit can had gotten bigger...We had eight...That kept any ruckus down...Wish I knew what to feed this howling kitty to get here to hush.....Got to get her to the vet next week....She is driving us insane...Along with the boys circling the house...

Old 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM

12,227 posts, read 21,632,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Amber when's the party dear???? I've also done it years ago just spread on a slice of ham, pickle, roll, cut.

If you do the tortillas don't forget the "color" aspect i.e.. the basil or chives, roasted reds.
This is more how I do it. It's a low carb lunch. Sometimes plain cream cheese/yogurt with ham or roast beef and a thin pickle spear.. or sometimes how I described before, just the meat and cheese mixture rolled up on its own. When I do the roast beef, I add horseradish to the spread.

Last edited by Debsi; 02-21-2009 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: Forgot the horseradish!

Old 02-21-2009, 04:58 PM

Debsi-yum

NomaD my daughter made a great choice-I love him much!

Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,275,711 times
Amber: I have made those finger sandwiches and there are indeed very good, I like putting Pimentos in the cream cheese too and they are tastey.

Lacey, that would be so good if your sil came out. Please keep us posted please.

The Osso Buco turned out amazing. The meat fell off the bones and was so tender. The chicken broth, wine, & San Marzano sauce with carrots, celery, onion turned out fabulous. I think the next time I make the Risotto I will incorporate the sauce in the Risotto instead of Saffron, the Saffron in the Arborio rice did not complement the Osso Buco. So it will be trial and error.
I will make that sauce to go over chicken, the flavors married together beautifully.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night and enjoy your delicious meals. kelsie

Old 02-21-2009, 05:11 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,333,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
A couple of people have talked about cranberry juice.... I will look into that....
I swear by it for bladder/kidney issues. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
SPECIAL EDITION

For this coming week, folks, I will be on the road for vacation and some R&R, so my grocery shopping resumes next weekend. My latest trip takes me to beautiful Austin, TX. There will be an array of places that I'll be visiting in and around the area. And there will be a wide variety of food categories that I will explore on this trip, not the least of which is barbecue in Lockhart, TX, at Black's BBQ. It is one of the staples on Texas' famed Barbecue Belt. I'll also be stopping by The Walburg Restaurant in the small community of Walburg, TX. They serve authentic German food there. Also, Brick Oven Pizza, Matt's El Rancho, and Hangtown Grill, all in Austin, will get a visit from me. Breakfast will be at Jim's every morning (it's a Central Texas tradition). I will return to Dallas on Wednesday night and probably won't much in the way of cooking until next weekend. Upon my return, there will be a recap of this trip and the things I popped in my mouth. From my "lips" to your "ears", it's all going to be good.

Have a wonderful week with your dinner table endeavors. Bon appetit!
I am SOOOO jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I forgot to mention one little thing about dinner tonight...I got a can of those big round Grands Golden Grain biscuits....5 to a can I think and there are two of us...Do we split the odd one top and bottom or cut it sideways....It will not go stale...
Distract her and when she's not looking......GRAB it!

Oops - just saw your 2nd thread. 4 each does work better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Debsi-yum

NomaD my daughter made a great choice-I love him much!
Family's good.

OK - we had thick pork chops on the grill w/BBQ sauce, corn, peas and rice pilaf. mmmmmmmmmmmm.

g'nite all.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:35 PM

Kelsie I enjoyed it vicariously while I had spinach salad and fat free dressing.

Yes my son in law is so special. Few years ago he told his grandma that he couldn't have picked better in-laws.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:40 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,279,830 times
Lacey reading about your SIL made tears come to my eyes that is awful nice of him to offer. Are you guys driving out or flying?

Ahem I have some news to share.......................... today I was flipping through the channels because we lost our satellite signal due to the snow. Caught the tail end of a cooking show on PBS, sorry don't know the name, they were talking about real "gravy". If I hadn't come into cyn's thread I wouldn't have known the facts they were telling! They were making red tomato gravy for different pastas!

Thanks foodies I got moved to the front of the class because I knew the answers.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:42 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,906,990 times
MMMMMMMMmmmm Spinach Salad..... did you all raliize that sinach gives people kidney stones? That and Beets! guess what Skbs has been eating a TON of!!!!! beets and spinach! I have been eating the beets late at night as a snack when I don't want to munch on anything but I have the munchies.... I just salt up some beets and munch away.... I am talking like three or four times a week!!!!! and I love adding spinach to my salads.... LOL.... little did I know what I was doing!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.