Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 04:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,685,451 times

Advertisements

Wife came in with dinner already fixed. Fried chicken, potato salad, and coleslaw with a gallon of green tea...Ahhhhhh.........

Old 01-23-2009, 04:46 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Wife came in with dinner already fixed. Fried chicken, potato salad, and coleslaw with a gallon of green tea...Ahhhhhh.........
That sounds mighty fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Since it was only my daughter and me eating it, there is mega leftovers. Any ideas as to what to do with leftover pork roast? Just heat it up? Could you do BBQ pork with it?
You can always freeze some for later if necessary.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:56 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,800,105 times
Tonight's dinner was Ramen noodles with some frozen peas and leftover ground beef served with a big glass of milk.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:35 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,302,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Last time I had them was with black pudding and caper butter, yummy - a great contrast to the delicate shellfish
OK, what is black pudding? The name conjures up all sorts of oddities in my loopy brain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I don't know why... but I just love that phrase!
I do too!!!!! Sounds almost lyrical!
Cyn - Wow, totally get it - sorry your fishin was not as planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
chicken n salad gota lose 2 lbs.
Ummm, ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Thanks, DG. I like cabbage any way you make it. I was just curious. I like to sautee it sometimes with onion and garlic, S&P. Sometimes I throw noodles in with that, too! Yum.....
Mom makes it that way. I always boil it to death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
OK, FINE, now even the smallest pores in my skin are opening and closing (I think I hear them chanting "fried chicken, fried chicken...")
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Tonight's dinner was Ramen noodles with some frozen peas and leftover ground beef served with a big glass of milk.
Hey, at least you added peas to 'em. I don't think I ever bothered! LOL

Old 01-23-2009, 05:41 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,065,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Since it was only my daughter and me eating it, there is mega leftovers. Any ideas as to what to do with leftover pork roast? Just heat it up? Could you do BBQ pork with it?
Pork shredded and heated in bbq sauce makes great tacos, with all the trimmings.

Another way is to serve it is like Chinese crispy duck - shred and heat then serve with a hoisin or other Asian sauce. I use the rice paper wraps which you just soften in warm water, then roll up the pork with some sauce, strips of cucumber and green onions. Yummmmm

Kats - black pudding is a kind of sausage popular in Europe - look at these http://images.google.co.uk/images?um...+black+pudding and http://images.google.co.uk/images?um...=Search+Images pretty pictures. Then later I'll tell you what it's made with ......

Last edited by southdown; 01-23-2009 at 05:51 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 05:41 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,687,109 times
I don't think I have ever had an onion soup, but have quite a few onions from the farmer's market so figured I would give it a shot. Hubby is out of town, so why not take a change (typo - chance)? I googled some information about onion soups and after reading, put away the laptop and came up with this...

1/2 large white onion (I used a huge one!)
1 garlic clove
1 1/2 cups of broth
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
2 teaspoons vegan margarine
2 teaspoons of flour
2 tablespoons of oil
salt
pepper

Heat oil and margarine in a soup pot over medium heat. Chop onion and mince garlic. Add onion to pot, salt and pepper and let cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and soy sauce. Turn heat WAY down and cover. Leave for 30 minutes, stirring when needed.

Add a bit of the broth and stir, then sprinkle in flour and cook for a few minutes.

Add the rest of the broth. Heat.

This meal was enough for me, the soup and 3 biscuits - not to mention some wine .
If you are serving this as an appetizer or serving it with a salad, it may be fine for 2.

Mmm, this soup was creamy and comforting. It makes me want to type the word "homestyle". Just delicious.

Last edited by cr1039; 01-23-2009 at 06:36 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 05:42 PM

52,312 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Tonight it is Almond Crusted Chicken Cutlets with Scallion Beurre Blanc Sauce, and fresh green beans on the side.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:46 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,031,425 times
I think I'm coming down with something and feel icky. I just ordered pizza so I don't have to think or cook.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,418,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Tonight it is Almond Crusted Chicken Cutlets with Scallion Beurre Blanc Sauce, and fresh green beans on the side.
That sounds delicious. Did you bake them or fry them?

Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,418,446 times
Well we had our "spicy" lasagna. I went a little crazy with the crushed red pepper. It wasn't terrible but my husband was breathing fire. I hope it doesn't upset his tummy. He's not used to spices. Next time I'll add the crushed red pepper after it comes out of the oven. And on top of that the fire alarm went off from the garlic bread in the oven and the female voice was yelling "fire" while the dog was going nuts. So much for a quiet dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink