Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 PM

48,519 posts, read 22,153,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Oh Elston that sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo good.
You Rock!

I have scallops in the freezer and I would too use Bernaise sauce.
Just sear them and then do the sauce? If so how long do you sear them for.
I have had them with bernaise in a resturant and I am almost certain it was a Knorr Mix Bernaise Sauce.....and it was good. To sear them...first dry them with paper towels or a clean dish towel.*...have pan fairly hot....add oil (or an oil and butter mix.or even bacon fat)..to coat pan...put scallops in..not touching one another...you dont want them to poach..you want them to start to brown and then turn and brown other side.. they can still be opaque in center...they will continue to cook....especially if you put hot bernaise sauce over them....I havent done it in awhile but would guess it is less than 5 mins a side.....really quickly brown and turn...

*some scallops are packed with an infusion of water and you will never get those ones really dry and probably not the lovely golden flecked seared color.....but don't dispair....they will be tasty.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:21 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,788,806 times
Thank you Elston you always have the right answers for me.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:23 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,931,114 times
Elston now my sausage/onion subs have lost all their appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good catch CW. Think our newbie's had one too many leninkugels!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,833,226 times
I had dinner all planned out, but somebody (me ) ate all my ingredients for lunch, so I'm looking for dinner ideas too...

There's a few cuts of mystery meat (beef of some sort) in the door of the freezer, so I'm thinking about beef and broccoli over rice.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:25 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,983,295 times
I am having broiled Flounder, veggie and stewed tomatoes.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,435,950 times
UGH!! Had to have some very sweet woman and her friend fishing near me on the little dock...and she and he both smoked like a chimineys! I am not kidding. They were so nice but it was a bi*** sitting there and smelling each and every cigarette they lite up and it was a lot!! My mind went totally away from relaxing and fishing to oh my--not another one!! It is still going to take some time and I can see that now! We had to pack it up early....sigh....fish wern't biting anyhow! Lisa, we live about 2 1/2miles from the lake--close enough to enjoy but not so close to have any insect problems! They were such nice people too. Oh well, in a little more time I will be able to deal better with it all! Ha! Just not today!! I'll be honest I feel just fine, no patches, no cigarettes and no problems!!! I feel good! No need to put myself in a difficult position now!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:45 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,931,114 times
Cyn just read an article that for every goal you reach without smoking-like a day/week/month-you should set a celebration or do something special for yourself.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but I have the "Need for Speed", nothing flappy or fringy for me
Well darn that leaves me out from riding on the back with ya.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:59 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,971,454 times
Leinenkugel's a beer

Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,347,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Of course we want to know! At least I do!
OK, by popular demand, please see below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
For the same reason Sir Edmund climbed Everest I'm having meatloaf tonight.....................

Because it's there !

Realtor has a live-one lined up for tomorrow afternoon. Probably too late to book a chorus line to amuse them, ....., I'm thinking strong drink
Long awaited meatloaf tonight here, too! Guess I started a trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good luck with the showing Burdell. We have one on Sunday.
Best of luck to you both. Let us know... I'm kinda likin' that drink idea, Burdell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
UGH!! Had to have some very sweet woman and her friend fishing near me on the little dock...and she and he both smoked like a chimineys! I am not kidding. They were so nice but it was a bi*** sitting there and smelling each and every cigarette they lite up and it was a lot!! My mind went totally away from relaxing and fishing to oh my--not another one!! It is still going to take some time and I can see that now! We had to pack it up early....sigh....fish wern't biting anyhow! Lisa, we live about 2 1/2miles from the lake--close enough to enjoy but not so close to have any insect problems! They were such nice people too. Oh well, in a little more time I will be able to deal better with it all! Ha! Just not today!! I'll be honest I feel just fine, no patches, no cigarettes and no problems!!! I feel good! No need to put myself in a difficult position now!

Yay, Cyn! Hang in there...you'll keep feeling better, believe me.

OK, by popular demand:

Pork Lo Mein

Slice leftover pork into small strips.

Take your favorite stir fry veggies or whatever you have fresh in the fridge and cut them into similar size and shape in separate little bowls. Typically, I use:

celery
carrots
onions
zucchini
yellow squash
broccoli
cauliflower
mushrooms (baby bellas or whatever you prefer)
sugar snap peas
red pepper
minced garlic

Have ready cooked spaghetti, fettucini or linguini or something along that line. We like the linguini best for this.

Have on hand your favorite stir fry sauce (I use soy sauce, but you can use hoison or whatever floats your boat)
Have all this ready to go, because once it gets started, it goes fast.

Put some veg. oil into large frying pan or wok (you'll need a big one - this "grows" as you go along). heat it up. Throw ingredients in according to the length of time it takes for them to cook. The longest cooking stuff goes in first. You only need a minute or two of one item before you throw in the next one. Since the pork is already cooked, I usually save that for last. Just as everything is pretty well tender but still a bit crispy, throw in your sauce and the pork, just long enough to heat it up, then throw in the pasta till it's hot.

Enjoy!

I know it's not exact, but that's how I cook. Use whatever veggies you and your family like. It's a great meal to clean out the fridge. The longest part is cutting up the veggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink