Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,768,304 times

Advertisements

hello hello hello hello!!!

In a few moments I'm having dinner
Tonight...grilled turkey, salade, chips, mandarins and...some biscuits with coffee

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,953,288 times
I'm hungry Yogurt and fruit just aren't filling. Next time I'll add a handful of almonds or something

Tomorrow I have the night to myself -- BF is going to the Nuggets/Pistons game with a friend. I am deciding what to make for me -- I think spaghetti since I never got it earlier this week and I am craving it. Salad too!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,288,314 times
Hi, all. Wow. You've been chatty again.

Happy B'day, Nikkzone and Miss L. Happy new star, Elston! It is a bright day for sure.

Thawing out a chicken, not sure if that's what we're having yet. Will report back.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:02 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,677,731 times
easy dinner tonight....

coutnry fried steaks w/gravy
cream potatoes
green beans
roll

it's meeting night again tonight...so has to be an easy one...

Old 01-08-2009, 01:04 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
Anyone have a good recipe for a polish sausage dish?

I usually just do it in a casserole with sauerkraut and potatoes, maybe a little caraway seed and fried onions added to the kraut.

You may want search a recipe for Bigos, a Polish stew, many include sausage.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,216,731 times
Afternoon one and all! I usually never have the TV on during the day but for some reason I did today. Been watching old Elvis movies I was a baby when he was hot and fine I was more the "fat" Elvis times.

elston care to share that roast beef hash quiche recipe? Wow you are bright today WTG!

Vichel what do mashed cannellini beans taste like? I don't know that I have ever had the beans at all.

nik happy 47th! Glow in those candles as you blow them out!

Lacey aren't you glad you aren't suffering labor pains today but rejoicing in celebration for your daughter? Tell DH to be careful with the prednisone poundage BTW.

gentlearts tell us how your first gumbo made out deal?

skbs have you tried to let diva lay out her clothes the night before? It worked like a charm with my kids and so much less stress in the mornings when they were younger. Of course when your girls hit teen years the outfit they lay out will change 6 times come morning.

Debsi carboholics post triggered a question I need to ask you wise people! Does homemade egg noodles have the high carbs like pasta too?

YLisa I hope you get along fine with your root canal. Hey even if it wasn't snowing I would be nervous driving down your drive!

jimj I have learned more about gas stoves in the past month than I have my whole life time using one. It is a shame things aren't made to last like they use to be my repair guy said the ovens aren't as thick now so they don't hold the heat like they use to. Hard to get them to maintain the temp so end up using more gas to cook in them. Hmmm wonder whose idea that was.

burdell too funny can't rep ya about not remembering your 20's!

cyn now that I am not smoking at my computer my 32 oz mug of water that goes everywhere with me stinks of smoke! I can't hardly stand it so I know when I quit the smoke smells are going to hit me hard in our house. You are doing fabulous!

hellothereIN welcome to a very nice thread!

gym rat we are almost having the same thing tonight!

Truly I so want a Logan's around these parts. Love their grilled chicken salad and rolls oh my those warm, soft, fragrant rolls.

We will have chicken stir fry seems to be the attraction on this thread as well today. My body must be wanting to detox too because we have really upped the veggie dishes lately. Veggies are all chopped up so it will be quick to cook everything later.

Here's a tip from the Old Farmer's Almanac some of you might be able to use:
Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the humidifier to reduce mustiness. We don't have a humidifier but I do put cans of water in our registers to add moisture this time of year. Might have to put some lemon juice in the next refills.

I'll check back after I have caught up in my other threads have a great day all!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,753,225 times
We most likely are doing a smorgasbord tonight. ie: leftovers..

Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,757,153 times
Lacey you can't go wrong with a stocked liquor cabinet..hope it's a big one because it is only January.

CoastalMaine I am with you I love being in my 50's. Life is Good.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 PM

Change of plans. DH ate while I was at the hot tub, so no roast chicken tonite. That's ok. Maybe I can look up a crock pot recipe for it tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Lacey you can't go wrong with a stocked liquor cabinet..hope it's a big one because it is only January.

CoastalMaine I am with you I love being in my 50's. Life is Good.
I second that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.