Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 06:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
It sounds like we gathered quite a contingent for this trek. Can't wait for that shrimp. Do you think LL Bean will still be open when we get there??? And what's this about a dog, Nomad? We're cat folk.
OK then a catty bag. I have both so the dog will have to wait out side while I eat from the left overs. She will never know cause the cat's won't tell her. Have a safe trip and don't eat while driving. If you are flying I'll meet ya at the airport.

My after dinner tastes buds are acting rather strangely today. I don't drink coffee. I don't like coffee. Why am I having a coffee craving? Why? Must be something in the water.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:02 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
evening all, well we survived ike, house still standing and after 9 days we have power finally woo hoo!!!! tonight for dinner MRE's courtesy of Fema.

Hope everyone else in Texas fared well.

Missed you all.
Oh, thanks so much for checking in! I've thought so much about you and have hoped you survived without any losses. MRE's don't sound particularly appetizing (our daughter's sig-other is ex-military and has described them in ghastly detail) but they beat the heck out of starving.

Here's wishing you and your neighbors a speedy return to normalcy!

Old 09-20-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
evening all, well we survived ike, house still standing and after 9 days we have power finally woo hoo!!!! tonight for dinner MRE's courtesy of Fema.

Missed you all.
It's so good to have ya back and knowing that all is well with structures and that you now have power. I know what it's like without power in August heat based on first hand experience.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
Quote:

Missed you all.
Movingtohouston, it is so good to hear from someone with some kinda good news. At least, your house and lives were spared. And, getting power back after 9 days is reason in itself to celebrate!

Enjoy your MRE. It sure would be nice if FEMA could get its act together and do more for folks there.

We flew out of Houston - after a visit with our son in TX - the day before Ike hit. The skies were blue, the air realatively calm and it was beautiful there as usual.

It was so hard to comprehend what was on its way even watching CNN reporting on the storm's progress there in the airport. I am so sorry that you all had to go through that. May that be the last one of the season.

Maybe a good dessert is on its way! I hope so.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
thanks for the thoughts. House miraculously only lost a shingle. Tons of tree damage in the neighborhood, we look like we are building stockades. LOL but thankfully we only lost a shingle and the rest of our neighbors fared as well. Now we just have to get the schools up and running and we will be all set.

As for the MRE's we will be eating those for awhile. We lost all the food in our freezer and fridge so its ramon noodles, spaghettos and rations for awhile til I can get to the store to restock.

Well dinner's done off to eat. Will check in tommorrow. Take care all.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:39 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,041 times
Quote:

Missed you all.
Happy to hear that and best of luck!

Old 09-20-2008, 07:36 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,261 times
Change of plans....we are having fajitas

Old 09-20-2008, 07:46 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
Quote:

Missed you all.
Good to hear all is well, phew!!!

Tonight - no dinner as a large lunch was had at a steakhouse, and DH & DS are at the Longhorns game this evening. TV and a cup of tea for me! And maybe one of these leftovers from DH's birthday....

Old 09-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Good to hear all is well, phew!!!

Tonight - no dinner as a large lunch was had at a steakhouse, and DH & DS are at the Longhorns game this evening. TV and a cup of tea for me! And maybe one of these leftovers from DH's birthday....
No dinner aye?? Yeah right. I see a sweet dinner in the making. That's alright. We all need a bit of sugar once in awhile. Now share the wealth. Please...Pretty please. My bad of corn chips is just not cutting it...

Old 09-20-2008, 08:16 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
No dinner aye?? Yeah right. I see a sweet dinner in the making. That's alright. We all need a bit of sugar once in awhile. Now share the wealth. Please...Pretty please. My bad of corn chips is just not cutting it...
Just looked in on the cupcakes in the fridge - there is only ONE left!!! But we can share...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink