Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 10:32 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,342,451 times

Advertisements

Great supper tonight; the daughter and her sig-other invited us out to their apartment for supper, and they fixed a fine meal indeed. Spinach salad with feta cheese (sig-other had never tried it until he ate at our place a month or so ago, and now loves it), pork parmegiana and fettucini with tomato sauce. Dessert was yellow cake with chocolate icing. They did really, really well; they're both good cooks, and it was a fine supper.

The meal was followed by a round of Trivial Pursuit (spouse won, like always) and Risk, which turned into a classic sibling rivalry duel between the daughter and the son. Much laughter and hilarity, as is so often the case at mealtime in our family, and all the way around, it was a fine evening.

That said, I was mightily relieved to reach home safely. We've been under an incredibly heavy fog since Friday afternoon, which made the drive 15 miles out in the country to the kids' apartment this afternoon an interesting experience. When we left their place around 10:30, the fog had turned to rain, and in the 20 or 25 minutes it took us to drive home, the rain turned to snow. The driveway is already close to ice-rink status, and I am rather dreading what's likely to await us in the morning. Gotta take the son back to his place in La Crosse tomorrow, too, so I really hope that whatever frozen precip we get tonight is quickly and completely cleared off tomorrow morning before we leave.

Good night, all, and have a wonderful Sunday!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,685,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Nomad I am writing down on my planner you turned down chocolate!!!!!

HG that is why I never gamble I hate to lose. Have fun though.

jimj I would try your combo but avocados are yucky up here right now.

southdown enjoy that happy boy! My oldest was that way when he was younger then changed when he hit puberty. Hasn't changed back yet.

Everybody else that posted your foods sound yummy. I would eat any of it so send your leftovers up here. Except you elston I just want you to come here and cook for me please.
I finally succumbed to chocolate around 10PM...

Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
I can assure you southdown it is, I use lots of crushed garlic and pepper flakes not a whimp using them
Never skimp with any hot pepper. If they can't take the heat beware the fire... My motto with fiery foods...

Old 12-27-2008, 11:00 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,008,240 times
Tonight I had fried potatos and egg-in-a-hole.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:39 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,204,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I finally succumbed to chocolate around 10PM...
Well too late brother I already put it in my planner to remember the day! Wrote it in ink even~~brown ink so it would stick out from the other things on today's agenda.

Now I will have to scribble it out.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Well too late brother I already put it in my planner to remember the day! Wrote it in ink even~~brown ink so it would stick out from the other things on today's agenda.

Now I will have to scribble it out.
Just use some white out. Scribbling is messy as dinner dishes for first graders... I still feel a big piece of that dinner roast keeping me company. I'm going to sleep it off soon... No amberbaby tonight. Just remembered no use waiting on her dinner report. she is skiing...

Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,204,852 times
No white out here I will just draw a line through it. I really thought we had a historic day to record.

Winds here are awful and my sleep pattern is off from when I was getting up every 3 hours to dip out the tub when the drain was frozen.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:36 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
Good morning all-

Jaxson-wind scares me and makes me sleepless.

SouthDown-you little one sounds like our youngest grand-she is happy all the time. Her nickname is "Breath of Fresh Air".

JimJ-hope your back is better.

Nomad-so happy you enjoyed that hunk of beef-I'm shopping for ours today.

MWBW-we slid home last night the roads were just sheer ice-my heart was really lodged right in my throat. Be careful on your trip today.

Amber is enjoying some well deserved R&R.

Notice that soon we'll be at 20,000 posts??!! With this group it won't be long and then we'll party.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:50 AM

9,904 posts, read 13,910,061 times
Tonight was Salad Nicoise, sorta.

A big salad of coz lettuce, vine tomatoes, cucumber, boiled baby potatoes, capers, kalamata olives with a splash of lemon juice and olive oil and a teeny dollop of Paul Newman Ranch dressing.

Followed by a small bowl of vanilla ice cream with Bundaberg Rum Chocolate fudge sauce.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:10 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 5 days ago)

52,711 posts, read 48,015,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all-

Jaxson-wind scares me and makes me sleepless.

SouthDown-you little one sounds like our youngest grand-she is happy all the time. Her nickname is "Breath of Fresh Air".

JimJ-hope your back is better.

Nomad-so happy you enjoyed that hunk of beef-I'm shopping for ours today.

MWBW-we slid home last night the roads were just sheer ice-my heart was really lodged right in my throat. Be careful on your trip today.

Amber is enjoying some well deserved R&R.

Notice that soon we'll be at 20,000 posts??!! With this group it won't be long and then we'll party.

Good morning to you, Lacey. Later on this morning, I'll be testing out my new waffle iron. You can only guess what I'll be making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.