Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 05:43 AM

48,534 posts, read 22,157,450 times

Advertisements

Hey guyz......I havent been on much lately.....when on a strict diet....there isnt that much to report. Monotony is good on a diet.

I probably will be a much less frequent visitor here.....I find reading your fantastic meals makes me hungry and gets me preoccupied with FOOD. Like I say de emphasizing food and monotony are a dieters friend.....so see ya around....but hopefully less "round". (I have lost about 14 pounds so far....and its only been about 3 1/2 weeks....but I have many many more to lose....and then need to find a maintanece diet that isnt a resumption of the diet that caused all the trouble in the first place.

See ya, enjoy and be well.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:47 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
Morning all-yes Cyn-he's so calm I have to take his pulse to see if he's alive!!! Our son has the same disposition-extremely easy going. It was a healthy mix for my Irish temper.

Elston-whenever I cook chicken I use tarragone-even in soup-it marries so well.

Crazy-congrats and you deserved the treat.

SKBS-carb nite for you girl.

On the "dump" cake-make sure you have a pan underneath-I have one w/ricotta cheese and yellow cake mix and it's messy.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,438,978 times
Ahhhh Elston..I do understand but please do check in once in awhile. You are so loved here and I know for sure Amber will be disappointed to see you are not here. She really enjoys your ideas and just you, as do I. Just pop in once in awhile to say "hi" if nothing else my friend!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:17 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,912,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Lacey, your German hubby is calm????? So what happened to my German hubby? He is anything but calm. Mr. hyper-active with an attitude! Ha! I am tho one who has to be calm. That is until he really gets to me and then the sh$t hits the fan! It's not pretty! Ha! Thank goodness that doesn't happen often.
LOL I know I was giggling.... My guy is Half Italian (got the stereotypical 'tude that comes from bein' a mama's boy) and German (stubborn as all get out!!!! ) LOL..... But i guess Lacey's Guy just came from the RIGHT part of Germany LOL I am betting where German Chocolate was made

LOL and LACEY... I am already planning a trip to the store for a Carb stash and Magazine and perhaps some Chick Flix.... something Sappy that Mr S would only roll his eyes at the whole time...LOL

Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,438,978 times
skbs, I have a one hundred percent pure German hubby and yes, can you say "stubborn"? Not only stubborn but always right---about everything?? Hmmmmm, except spelling and he turns to me as his dictionary! Ha! You are probably correct--lacey's DH had to come from the German Chocolate part of Germany to be so laid back! I guess that great chocolate would do it!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,348,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Must have, since you are surely welcome anytime!

Definite stupor here!!

Sweet of you!
I'm not quite sure what happened, but that last quote says it's from me, but it was actually skbs! Could be worse

Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,912,581 times
I don't even know when Kats wrote that... What absolutely amazingly witty comment did I write this time which that was in response to? LOL (I can't even find it)

Old 11-06-2008, 07:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,348,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
OK, I'll bite. What's the other 1/4????
Oh, you know... a little of this, a little of that. some French, Scotch (not the kind in the bottle), Mohawk, who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Yeah, that was my post. Here is the recipe. I like to use butter pecan cake mix, but the original calls for yellow cake mix. Spice cake is good too.

Here it is:

1 can (29 oz.) pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup sugar ( I use ½ brown sugar ad ½ white sugar)
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
Mix all the above ingredients and pour into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
Sprinkle on top of batter:
1 box yellow cake mix (I used butter pecan cake mix)
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup butter, meted

Directions
Sprinkle one yellow cake mix over the top of the batter and chopped pecans and then drizzle 3/4 cup melted butter top of cake mix and nuts. Bake in preheated 350º F., oven for 50 minutes. It may still be a little "jiggly" in the center when you remove it from the oven, but it firms up as it cools
Thanks for saving me a search, Nikk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Whoosh, I'm a tired gal tonight. Three looooong days in a row is about two too many at my age. Had another profoundly fascinating session watching Mr. Not-A-Comedian ramble on about auditing again tonight, and after getting way too little sleep last night and not much more the night before, it was downright painful to keep myself awake for the full session. And on top of it, I've evidently caught some generous person's head cold (probably the spouse's), and I think my nose is about to drip right off my face.

Nothing much exciting in the way of dinner tonight, I fear. I had a peanut butter sandwich on the way to my class, the spouse had a mackerel sandwich between his workday and his Wednesday night Russian class, and the daughter worked late tonight and ate there, so we were all pretty boring. I have hopes for tomorrow night, though, as the spouse was mulling over the relative merits of bone-in vs. boneless chicken for chicken cacciatore. A nice heaping pile of pasta topped with tomato sauce and a chunk of chicken sounds like just the ticket for a Thursday night, I'd say.

Here's wishing one and all a wonderful rest-of-the-week. G'night!
Hope you feel better. I hate having a cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I don't even know when Kats wrote that... What absolutely amazingly witty comment did I write this time which that was in response to? LOL (I can't even find it)
Whatever it was, I'm sure it was in your usual, wonderful style!

Don't know what DH is planning for dinner tonight. He bought some Salmon yesterday, so maybe he'll have that and I'll have a chicken kiev.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:03 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,972,109 times
Happy Thursday all! I am ready for this week to be over. I'm pooped!!

I have a question for you all -- what is Cream of Celery soup like? Can I subsitute it for Cream of Chicken??? I must have picked it up on accident.

Tonight I plan on baking chicken breasts and mixing together some soup for a sauce. I usually do Cream of Chicken with Cheddar Cheese soup. Will it taste okay if I use the Cream of Celery with the Cheddar Cheese?

If you guys/gals think it will be okay....I will bake the breasts in the sauce and then serve with rice or pasta. Should have some salad or other veggie too. Have been slacking in that lately.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,767,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Hey guyz......I havent been on much lately.....when on a strict diet....there isnt that much to report. Monotony is good on a diet.

I probably will be a much less frequent visitor here.....I find reading your fantastic meals makes me hungry and gets me preoccupied with FOOD. Like I say de emphasizing food and monotony are a dieters friend.....so see ya around....but hopefully less "round". (I have lost about 14 pounds so far....and its only been about 3 1/2 weeks....but I have many many more to lose....and then need to find a maintanece diet that isnt a resumption of the diet that caused all the trouble in the first place.

See ya, enjoy and be well.
I hear ya Elston. I don't post much because I don't cook all that much anymore. And this thread can be too much of a temptation for dieters! Congrats Elston! You done good and you will continue to do well! Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink