Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:06 AM

21 posts, read 66,998 times

Advertisements

We relocated here last fall. We thought we were getting into a great neighborhood to raise our children. However, we have discovered that this community has many children who have "brought their roots" and attitudes with them. My children have been harassesed for no reason, threatened, used for the luxeries we give our children.
I even had to call the police on one 10 year old boy. He continued to harass my son after a simple misunderstanding. The boy would not let it go. This went on for over a month. I found out that they boy had said on the school bus that he and his friends were going to get my son alone, jump him, and "jab him in the stomach and rip his guts out" with a metal pole they had ripped the top up and it was now sharp twisted metal. Granted, I did go the parents, who were not home by the way. No parent ever came to talk to me,and after watching these boys continually turn around in front of my house on thier bikes, and my son and daughter could not play out front any more, I had enough. These boys were even harassasing my daughter and her friends.
We are leasing our home right now, as our old home is still for sale. And I am SO SICK of hearing about "renters" in this community!!! I take better care of my home and property than most "BUYERS!", so don't catergorize us.
So, that said, be aware that they do not call this Lil New York for nothing. Apparently, you can take the people out of NY, but you cannot take NY out of the people. Not all are like that, but so far in our community, most are. We will definately be moving out of this comminity once our other home sells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,984,238 times
Where is this neighborhood ?

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,500,783 times

Be proactive, go to the school, ask what education program they are implementing to discourage bullying.

http://www.bullypolice.org/

Florida doesn't have a anti bully law signed yet, it is not going to matter where you move to in Florida if they have no law to protect kids.

Organize, talk to other parents, speak out against this, take action, do something other than just moving away.
Bulling can be stopped if all parents take action and speak out against this.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:39 AM

44 posts, read 289,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom67 View Post
We relocated here last fall. We thought we were getting into a great neighborhood to raise our children. However, we have discovered that this community has many children who have "brought their roots" and attitudes with them. My children have been harassesed for no reason, threatened, used for the luxeries we give our children.
I even had to call the police on one 10 year old boy. He continued to harass my son after a simple misunderstanding. The boy would not let it go. This went on for over a month. I found out that they boy had said on the school bus that he and his friends were going to get my son alone, jump him, and "jab him in the stomach and rip his guts out" with a metal pole they had ripped the top up and it was now sharp twisted metal. Granted, I did go the parents, who were not home by the way. No parent ever came to talk to me,and after watching these boys continually turn around in front of my house on thier bikes, and my son and daughter could not play out front any more, I had enough. These boys were even harassasing my daughter and her friends.
We are leasing our home right now, as our old home is still for sale. And I am SO SICK of hearing about "renters" in this community!!! I take better care of my home and property than most "BUYERS!", so don't catergorize us.
So, that said, be aware that they do not call this Lil New York for nothing. Apparently, you can take the people out of NY, but you cannot take NY out of the people. Not all are like that, but so far in our community, most are. We will definately be moving out of this comminity once our other home sells.

So I guess you think all NYers are like this?????

Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM

1,080 posts, read 4,589,108 times
Default Fl and kids

This is nothing new, what you are saying could be my part of Fl. or any town
for some reason, kids like to pick on the "new kids in town" you should ride some of the school buses and see what goes on. Sex in the back of the bus
drinking, kids torture each other. I once knew a kid had some problems after his dad died, the kids in the neighborhood teased him, harassed him, pushed him around like a dog, the kid starting drinking, drugs to hide his misery.
Kids in elementary school, bring grass to school, knives, pvc pipe shaped into
a sharp point. I've seen principals look the other way when kids are in need.
I've heard cops say to parents this is your job, not ours.

Parents need to listen to there kids, go to the schools, demand action. Talk with the resource officer's if your kid is being bullied. Don't just sit around
and think it will go away, cause it won't.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:30 PM

460 posts, read 2,345,740 times
I would like to know what neighborhood this is in? WHat city??

Old 05-20-2007, 05:21 PM

246 posts, read 1,019,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
I would like to know what neighborhood this is in? WHat city??
I am curious also as to where this is happening.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:05 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,500,783 times
I think this happens everywhere.

Please parents be involved in your children's lives and know what is going on.
So many children are bullied each day and do not even confide this information to their parents.
My own nephew was bullied horrendously but my sister took action and got involved and it stopped. She even did an entire presentation to the school and her church on the effects of bullying on children.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:43 AM

This is in Spring Hill

Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
I think this happens everywhere.

Please parents be involved in your children's lives and know what is going on.
So many children are bullied each day and do not even confide this information to their parents.
My own nephew was bullied horrendously but my sister took action and got involved and it stopped. She even did an entire presentation to the school and her church on the effects of bullying on children.
Thanks...I am very fortunate that my children confide everything to me (at least it appears that way)
I think we could get something here this summer for our kids in the community regarding bullying etc. Absolutely something to organize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida