Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:25 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
blitzpooch- so sorry about your brother. to all the Mom's and Dad's out there I often wish i had the money to start a subdivision where the only requriements were 1. You have to be nice and be willing to help others. 2. Your aim in life was to raise responsible kind human beings 3. Income is not a factor as long as you meet the criteria of one and two!!! What do you think?
This would be so nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 PM

267 posts, read 1,141,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom67 View Post
This is in Spring Hill
ok - so, I just moved to Spring hill with my kids. Please tell me which community this is. I really hope it is not mine

Old 05-22-2007, 08:48 AM

21 posts, read 66,960 times
Default to all responders

I am so sorry to hear these other horror stories, but I find comfort in knowing my kids are not singled out for being raised "respectful" and "polite".
My childrens true friends love being at my house. They say I am the nicest mom and love being around me. That is because I love my kids and love to make their friends feel welcome in my home, as long as they respect my home and my rules.
I work from my home to be here for my kids, they are at a very influential time in their life. I worked for a major retailer for 11 years, and after being in management in thier home office and working 50 hours a week, I had enough.
Back to my kids....
My son was being called gay on the bus as well, and was told he wore thongs! My daughter was called a spoiled brat. My daughter went to a friends the other day, and the girls dad looked at my daughter and said.."what are you doing here? you don't *!@#$@! live here". She came home crying and I will not let her go back over there. The mother has not even said one word to me about it.
I told my kids to ignore those kids who are taunting them on the bus, they are jealous and I didn't want my kids to try to be friends with kids that acted like that. Yes, my kids do have things, and they participate in sports, dance, etc. But they also know how lucky they are to have what they have and will be the first to admit it to others. They do not take what they have for granted, nor do they get everything they want either. They are not "showy" with what they have either.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Cinder Block

Quote:
On the bus one day the child started telling my son he was going to throw a cinder block at his head so he would die, he started kicking him, and hitting him. We went up to the school and the principal talked to the kid after the child had many incidences of bullying others. Did they remove him from the bus? No! the next day the bus driver insisted the child be taken off the bus because he through a glass object at a girl.
That is absolutely crazy to not just happen on the bus, but anywhere. I really find it hard to comprehend that kids actually have these thoughts!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
blitzpooch- so sorry about your brother. to all the Mom's and Dad's out there I often wish i had the money to start a subdivision where the only requriements were 1. You have to be nice and be willing to help others. 2. Your aim in life was to raise responsible kind human beings 3. Income is not a factor as long as you meet the criteria of one and two!!! What do you think?
If someone finds this place, let me know!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:55 AM

991 posts, read 4,618,488 times
This lady is trying to give her kids the most important thing a parent can give, that is time. We live on LI and it is eating us up, put I still refuse to work outside the home. I provide a service to people that have to work outside the home child care, and you don't know how many times I hear oh I am so glad that you are around to provide a safe environment for my children. while they drive off in there Escalades....

Last edited by Jammie; 05-22-2007 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: sentence was orphaned~the previous post was deleted

Old 05-22-2007, 09:56 AM

Supermom--we need to start that subdivision really soon!

Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
sorry to hear about this stuff... i was never really bullied in school, but certainly feel sorry for those who get bullied. it is the parents fault for some of this cruel behavior. no excuse. schools are afraid to do anything. afraid of the parents reaction/backlash

Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 PM

Oh yes I have a new one for all you Mom's and Dad's out there.....my neighbor today told my 8 year old over the fence that his whining like a two year old was annoying him.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:20 PM

895 posts, read 4,249,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrein View Post
So tell me- anyone who has already relocated- I am doing so with my 11, 8 and 6 yr old in July. What steps did you take to make the transition go as smooth as possible?
We've moved twice this year and I gave my kids (5, 3, 2, 5mos) plenty of warning. We talked about it alot. I made sure to be positive & act excited even if I wasn't! I also make sure I do lots of research on activities so I can get them started right away. And I continue whatever routines that we already had, like morning & bedtimes. I made sure I unpacked them right after the kitchen, too. It took two months of adjusting and then they were fine. I think making t hat first friend in the new place is a lifesaver!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida